The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Weird Problem...

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Weird Problem...

so i got in my car and tried 2 eject a cd out of the cd player...
    the cd didnt come out and the radio shut completly off...
    i started the car the radio still doesnt work
    then for some reason my dome lights no longer work and when i turn off the car the headlights/fog lights shut off as soon as i turn the key off...no delay or wait untill the door is opened...also it seems like as soon as the car is off the whole car loses complete power for example normally when the key is turned off u can still roll up the window for a few seconds but now u cant...im not sure what the problem is maybe im pulling to much power?? thinkin it could b a fuse if all of these things are ran off the same fuse bcuz i have my radio which draws alot of power in it self and then i have two viser tvs connected to the power of my radio...so if anybody could help me or where 2 start??

also something else i noticed which i dont really mind and i would rather keep if possible is when i autostart my car from the remote my headlights and fog lights both come on at once...normally i autostart the car and the headlights come on and i would have 2 turn the fog lights on once i got in the car...

hhp8008
    Like you said it may be a fuse, or could be your radio is broken, battery is drained, bad terminal connection or even a ground. But with that said, first thing to do should be a no brainier ;) if I were you I would check most of the fuses located driver side under steering wheel. (small vinyl door)

If fuses are good (especially the radio fuse), then pop the hood and check if any relays are blown in the "black relay box" located right side of your battery. If none are blown/melted then I'm stumped lol joke. The only other thing to do is to inspect the cables from the relay box (associated with powering interior) to the fuse box & then to the radio.

PS. Its good to know someone/mechanic whose dealt with electrical trouble shooting.
    Last edited by hhp8008; 01-25-2010 at 01:19 PM

thanks ill check all that 2day and if i cant find out whats wrong to my father it goes lmao

....i wish both my fog lights and head lights came on at once

I have a similar problem, did you ever get the problem repaired?