The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Fiberglass VS urethane

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    white_gtz

Fiberglass VS urethane

Are fiberglass kits considered Coping out? Seen alot of Pics on the forum of kits and obviously can't tell what any of the kits are made of. For the most part, every kitted car on the forum looks good. Just would like some input on this B4 I take the leap. You can PM if you don't want to reveal what you kit is!!!! Appreciate it

I think just about every kit is Fiberglass for the Galant...

Shogun, Vr4, Cyber..mine WAS FG..
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    I think a lot more people would buy kits if they were urethane because they are a lot stronger than the fiberglass. I know a lot of JDM Galant kits are urethane well the ones that i deal with are
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

all the kits offered are Fiberglass. If they were made of urethane I think they would flex way to much because it's a whole lot of bumper it's replacing. If there were to introduce some lip kits then those I'd assume would be better off urethane. The advantage of having fiberglass is it's more Sturdy, having said that that means its more suseptable to cracking and breaking. (I'm living proof) Anyhow one advantage to fiberglass is that it can be repaired and modified. Where as once you get the Urethane bumper your stuck with it just like it is. You can mix Fiberglass and urethane which is good for us because we can modify outs to driver specifications.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

If they ever make a urethane kit for the G i know i would get it.. Yes laz, i did say i would get a KIT..lol
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

yeah but I am mad you blew the motor before you got one. I lost $20.....lol
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lazarus)</div><div class='quotemain'>yeah but I am mad you blew the motor before you got one. I lost $20.....lol</div>

is no biggie, bro.. the motor is fixable so im not really 2 upset..and how did you lose $20?

remember I told you I was gonna have you in a body kit before you blew the motor again
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lazarus)</div><div class='quotemain'>remember I told you I was gonna have you in a body kit before you blew the motor again </div>

hahaha, well i guess you will..lol.. hopefully this time i wil actually get the damn thing on before the motor goes..

With all the kits we can get for the Galant, you don't want them to be urethane because they don't fit properly. There is no way you would be able to do the necessary modifications to a JDM urethane kit. Now if there was a urethane kit made for the USDM, then that would be great, but there aren't even USDM fiberglass kits for the Galant. Although, Mochanges does have a urethane OEM JDM front VR-4 bumper, but he bought the JDM headlights, grill, fog lights, and even the JDM crash bar so there wouldn't have to be any mods done to the bumper besides mounting points.