The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: TPS buying question-

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Icon4 TPS buying question-

well i think i f'd up....my connector to my outlander tps needs to be replaced, where can i find one at.

btw will my tps still work if i just clip each wire to the corresponding pin?

ya, the tps should still work if you clip the wire to the corresponding pin. However adjusting the TPS sensor is hard if you ever need to remove it. Just rotating it 1mm is the difference between the ECU thinking the throttle is 0% open and 10% open.

thanks bro didnt know that, the person who had the intake manifold before me has screwed up most the stuff on it....like the idle screw and IAC.

how do you adjust it, that might be the problem....because when switching from first to second it revs up,and i have gotten it coded something about tps pedal.

The factory service manual says you bring it to Mitsu dealership and they hook it up to some fancy tool that tells them the throttle position. I think you can also test it using a multimeter but dont remember how to check for that. I adjusted mine using the my tuning/logging program, Evoscan. I can read the ecu, and it tells me where it thinks my TPS is at.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Im pretty sure the outlander TPS sensor connector and the stock 8g connector are the same connector but the wires are pinned differently. If you take a small flat head you can push the pins out of the connector of the stock 8g and reposition them to plug into the outlander tps. Thats the way I repinned mine for my EVO TPS. I used a little dab of crazy glue when I was repinning the wires so they held in there tight.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

thanks stewi in the guide i though they meant switch JUST the wires didnt know the pins needed rearranging....qnz btw will you think the dealership will beable to read the tps from the outlander, i might get it checked out.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Waka Flocka Eric View Post
    thanks stewi in the guide i though they meant switch JUST the wires didnt know the pins needed rearranging....qnz btw will you think the dealership will beable to read the tps from the outlander, i might get it checked out.
    no prob.

if you check over on club3g in the rs/gs performance area they just made a thread about swapping in the Evo TB and TPS, it has wiring pinouts that i think you will find helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS