The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: V6 Header Question

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2
    CNascimento

V6 Header Question

Okay I have been out of the loop for a couple of months because my car has been in the shop (big accident).... Anyway I've had my RPW Headers and HFC just sitting in the basement... I've talked with alot of shops and they tell me that they don't install v6 headers....

So I was wondering for the guys that have headers on a V6 did you guys have any issues? And secondly about how much does it cost and can a place do it in a day?

Zivman

Re: V6 Header Question

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CNascimento)</div><div class='quotemain'>Okay I have been out of the loop for a couple of months because my car has been in the shop (big accident).... Anyway I've had my RPW Headers and HFC just sitting in the basement... I've talked with alot of shops and they tell me that they don't install v6 headers....

So I was wondering for the guys that have headers on a V6 did you guys have any issues? And secondly about how much does it cost and can a place do it in a day?</div>

I have the RPW headers and have had no issues what-so-ever with them. The hardest part was just getting them to me. Only took Vision 11 months to get them to my door.

Anyways, you should be able to install them yourself in one day, so a shop should definitely be able to. I have seen places charge $250-$350 for install (maybe slightly more), but expect to pay at least $250. If you are having a shop do the install, make sure they properly extend your o2 sensors as all 4 need to be extended. This means solder and shrink tubing, no exceptions!

The reason the shops are probably telling you they won't install the v6 headers is because the cats. Shops aren't suppose to remove working cats. If you remove them, they will do the work, but some shops are picky about working on cars with working catalytic converters.