The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: trunk seal

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

trunk seal

my trunk seal is torn all to s#*% i needa reeplace it anyone know what kinda job im looking at?

G57 Dont hate me because you dont know me

What trunk seal are you talking about?

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    if its the one you see when you open it its cake its pull off and replace

when you lift up the lid to the trunk bay thats the one im talkin bout

The rubber piece? A quick trip to the dealer or junkyard and 10 minutes to install. No offense, but have you ever worked on a car before? This is really simple stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia View Post
    The rubber piece? A quick trip to the dealer or junkyard and 10 minutes to install. No offense, but have you ever worked on a car before? This is really simple stuff.
    tbh i really havent a whole lot i am a measure twice cut once kinda guy i just wanted to make sure it was as simple as pulling it and putting in the new one; i intend on keeping the car for a while, oone example i got 215/50 r17 rims from a guy said they would fit on my car had to buy new tires for 2 of them cost me 200 bucks, well put them on my car and they rubbed so i went to the local customs shop they told me i needed 215/45 r17 and 5mm spacers in the back to make it work which that cost me $433 for 4 new tires plus i couldnt get a refund from the previous shop because i literally drove on the tires for 100 feet so im not trying to make any more mistakes

Its cool, man. At least your willing to check and double check things. I will say that TGC has a ton of information that can help you out.

About the tires... Are you dropped? Because a 215/50/17 tire shouldn't rub on your car. What you need to check is the offset of the rims. If you couldn't get a refund on the tires you bought, put them up on craigslist. I'm sure someone will buy them.

Or sell them on here or Club3G.

No my car is stock height I went to the customs shop in town and they did the math on it and they figured the 5mm spacers and I got 215/45's which I like the low profile tire

i have 215 50 17 and no rub at all i only bought them cuz i got a good deal on them though ... i know they fit if you are not dropped maybe the offset is where your problem lies. 45 sidewall is the way to go though especially if you plan on lowering it...
    Last edited by dGALANTc; 05-04-2010 at 12:04 PM
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia View Post
    honestly i think taking a trip to the dealer would be best. 1. it would be a brand new seal. and 2. you dont know if the used seal you get leaked too.
    imo

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

thats what ill do corey thanks