The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Door panel

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    spdrcr5

Door panel

I am trying to remove my driver and passenger side door panel, so I can put some new speakers in there. I have never done anything like this before, and can't figure out how to take off the door panel. I removed all visible screws, and popped the bottom out, but at the top of the door panel where it meets the window, it doesn't want to come off. Any suggestions on what to do? If anyone knows of a "how-to" with pictures on this site or any others, it would be very helpful. Thanks.

Lift up and toward you. Be sure you unhook the harness from the power windows/lock control
    You gain knowledge through learning not by increasing your post count...please search

spdrcr5
    Ok, I don't have a digital camera, so I am using a pic of a galant i found on the net.
    #1: I took out the screw inside there, but when I try to pop it out, it feels like it is getting stuck on my window controls. I don't want to pop to hard, because I'm afraid I'll break it.
    #2: Do I need to take out this door handle also?

Thanks again for your help.

cantbeatmy97
    theres also a few screws on the side of the panel all around u have to slip the handle through the panel look for any screws they will be different sizes so remember which ones go where

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(spdrcr5)</div><div class='quotemain'>Ok, I don't have a digital camera, so I am using a pic of a galant i found on the net. Â*
    #1: I took out the screw inside there, but when I try to pop it out, it feels like it is getting stuck on my window controls. I don't want to pop to hard, because I'm afraid I'll break it.
    #2: Do I need to take out this door handle also?

Thanks again for your help.</div>
    #1:This part comes of with the window controls,start lifting it up on the side where the screw is.when it is up about 3 centimeter you have to pull it to the left,to slide the right side off the doorpanel.Then you can pull the whole thing up.
    #2:You only have to take off the cover of the door handle, by unscrewing the screw under the handle and sliding the cover over the handle.

When you have done all that be sure the window is down when trying to remove the whole panel.

Good luck.
    Mitsupiet.

spdrcr5
    Phew! Got it all done! My sound is alot better now. Leave it up to me to make an hour project into an all day project. My biggest problem was not seeing that screw under the door handle.
    Thanks for the help everyone.