The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: VR4 look LOOK pics

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 26

VR4 look LOOK pics

ok i got it put on it looks good the gaps are weard fiber glass them i guess well pics 4 u....
    no cutting bumper gurd.

[img]

i filled the gaps for now with this foam stuff

[img][img]

finally got it after like 3 months lol

It doesn't look half bad. Where did you get it from?

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stvn_mj View Post
    It doesn't look half bad. Where did you get it from?
    i think he said extreme dimensions in the other thread...i emailed them yesterday asking some questions. I might have to give this bumper a try!

you did not have to trim your crash bar? And also did it not include the center thing?
    Last edited by showtime; 05-08-2010 at 06:11 PM

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    that gap filler is smart..what you use?

Why is the bottom center bowed up? and what's with those gaps by the headlights. I've never seen anything like that. It looks like those are factory errors.

that what i was rthinking, lol i never seen jdm bumpers with gaps under usdm heads lol

that bumper was warped. is it made up of f/g? you guys should be buying cali's bumper, better quality than those aftermarket f/g bumpers.
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ideoid=2799274

A filipino's number one dream is to own a car before anything else. In the philippines, most private car owners consider their vehicles as an extension of their home but with one differrence: a home is where his wife cooks while a car is where his girlfriend builds a fire. Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by lucap100is View Post
    that bumper was warped. is it made up of f/g? you guys should be buying cali's bumper, better quality than those aftermarket f/g bumpers.
    id love to buy cali's bumper but the group buy is at a stand still, we only have like 4 or 5 people interested

Quote Originally Posted by lucap100is View Post
    I have the rear bumper and extensions as well as the new style side skirts from Cali and they are great but I also have a set of his VR-4 front add ons and they are absolute garbage. They were made wrong and the bottom of one is completely warped. I went to 3 different body shops to see what they can do and all of them said there's nothing that can be done to fix them. So I'm not very impressed with all of Cali's stuff.

curious about the gap filler. what did u use?

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanJambo View Post
    I have the rear bumper and extensions as well as the new style side skirts from Cali and they are great but I also have a set of his VR-4 front add ons and they are absolute garbage. They were made wrong and the bottom of one is completely warped. I went to 3 different body shops to see what they can do and all of them said there's nothing that can be done to fix them. So I'm not very impressed with all of Cali's stuff.
    Have you contacted Cali about it?

wow those gaps are huge.....

Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    Have you contacted Cali about it?
    Yeah I did. Here's the deal. I bought the add ons from youngfab59. Now they were never installed or modified in any way. In fact the warped one was still wrapped up in the stretch wrap that cali shipped it in. It had never even been open. So I emailed Cali about it and when he finally returned my emails, which took 2 or 3 emails before he would respond, his response was "looks like you've got some body work to do." That's EXACTLY what he said and nothing more. Well I took it to 3 different body shops and all of them said that there was nothing they could do to fix it because the warp was so bad and that it was produced incorrectly. When I again emailed Cali 2 or 3 times I finally got a response that amounted to "Oh well. you didn't buy them from me." So effing what?! They were still in HIS packaging. He made them wrong. What does it matter if they didn't come directly from him since they were never even openned? Bottom line is he produced something incorrectly and doesn't care to do anything about it.
    Last edited by AmericanJambo; 05-19-2010 at 10:55 PM

aren't you suppose to trim the crash bar as it was stated on the JDM bumpers in Details thread for that bumper?

-RON

Quote Originally Posted by P'NOYcaL View Post
    aren't you suppose to trim the crash bar as it was stated on the JDM bumpers in Details thread for that bumper?
    thats a replica bumper, not a real one...so the company made it to fit the OEM crash bar.

I noticed that when you compare the very first image with 4, 5, 6 (it looks normal). I'm guessing it warped after installing it. That proves us that something went wrong while putting the bumper onto a car. Maybe the crashbar does need trimming in able for you to properly fit the front bumper. Give the crashbar a good cut then reinstall the bumper. See if it makes any diifference.

If the bumper was originally molded from the original Old Style VR4 then it should be identically the same. Thus need trimming buddy.

Good luck.
    Last edited by galantegz; 05-21-2010 at 02:34 AM

Quote Originally Posted by 02redgalant View Post
    that gap filler is smart..what you use?
    Looks like foam rubber pipe wrap
    '99 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ 3.0V6,black/grey ;'79 Chevy Corvette Coupe SBC 350,red/blk.;'78 Olds Cutlass,SBO 350,blue/beige;1984 Chevy El Camino Conquista

to begin with, this has nothing to do with this thread and second you didn't bu the front's from me; you bought them from someone else.

im sorry you had issues with them but if you had purchased them directly from me i would have been more than happy to work something out with you but you didn't. it's like me buying a bad fitting hood from someone on CL and then going to the manufacturer expecing a refund; i can't think of any business that does that.

how bout the other parts you actually purchased from me? :)
    Last edited by Cali; 06-17-2010 at 09:27 PM
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

Yeah I did. Here's the deal. I bought the add ons from youngfab59. Now they were never installed or modified in any way. In fact the warped one was still wrapped up in the stretch wrap that cali shipped it in. It had never even been open. So I emailed Cali about it and when he finally returned my emails, which took 2 or 3 emails before he would respond, his response was "looks like you've got some body work to do." That's EXACTLY what he said and nothing more. Well I took it to 3 different body shops and all of them said that there was nothing they could do to fix it because the warp was so bad and that it was produced incorrectly. When I again emailed Cali 2 or 3 times I finally got a response that amounted to "Oh well. you didn't buy them from me." So effing what?! They were still in HIS packaging. He made them wrong. What does it matter if they didn't come directly from him since they were never even openned? Bottom line is he produced something incorrectly and doesn't care to do anything about it.
    actually no, my response was no where near "oh well", i apologized and explained exactly what i said earlier.

again, this is off topic and im sure most mods won't appreciate you cluttering THIS thread with this.
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast