The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: new aluminum shifter plate customization

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19
    xero260

new aluminum shifter plate customization

check this and tell me if you like it please:
    http://www.geocities.com/typexeroeta/CARpi...l?1056775115540

YO that shiii is really fucking HOT man,, love hte design..

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

xero260
    thanks man its was pretty easy too

what u mean easy???? did u do tha at Home ???

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

xero260
    yeh except the boot, that is Ractive i bought that, from an integra i think, i made the metal thing aroundit at my house in under 1 1/2 hrs. and the boot just bolts on to that metal thing

yo Sniff Sniff do i Smell,, Tutorial ???

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

Khopari you got balls to put me in ur info! U GOT BIG COJONES man!!! lol jp i feel powerful...
    Diego

xero260
    maybe ill put out a tutorial....but only if i get enough positive remarks about it, so you better start tellin people to say they like it Kho, lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(xero260)</div><div class='quotemain'>maybe ill put out a tutorial....but only if i get enough positive remarks about it, so you better start tellin people to say they like it Kho, lol </div>

man fuck what people says,, I am mofo GOD, my vote is like 50 reg mem vote,, come just do the tutorial...

well for now ,, can u just tell us how u did it,, like what u used and Ect..

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

xero260
    LMAO...sure man u got it.....
    1. so i used one sheet of thick ass aluminum
    2. i used that shift boot bought at your local A&A or whatever
    3. i used a high tech top of the line...magic marker to draw the outline of the piece in the car, that snaps in over the shifter (hasta be a stick for this explanation because the shift boot is for a manual)
    4.i used a sabre saw to cut it out carefully
    5.then cut out the middle(enough toleave space to shift)
    6.then i sanded down the edges with a dremel tool, so it was smoothe and soft and pretty...ahem...anyway
    7. i polished that motha up with a buffing wheel and some goopy stuff (some kind of polisher)
    8. use my second step onmy wooden deck to bend it at the top ehre it is supposed to be bent (a vice would work just fine though)
    9. marked places to drill holes and drilled through the holes (4 holes and screws are needed to hold it down)
    10. then put the shift boot on the metal thingy and marked and drilled holes toinstall that...11. thats pretty much it...but without pics itll be pretty hard to see what i mean by the common use of the word thingy... but its late and im tired and i cant think straight ... sorry... good luck ...ill think about puttin a tutorial on......................zzz

i am lost as fuck,,

good job,, anyone,, i know i wont be able to do this,,

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

Looks hot ! but a b+m short shifter would make it look even better

that looks pretty nice... but i dont get your instructions... ahhh need pics...hahah sorry im being a butt... why dont u start over
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

Quote Originally Posted by krazienluv10
    that looks pretty nice... but i dont get your instructions... ahhh need pics...hahah sorry im being a butt... why dont u start over
    let me restate what he did. i think i understood him.

1. get a thick piece of aluminum to make the plate. and of course the shifter boot.
    2. use a marker to get the outline of the shifter bezel onto the aluminum
    3. cut out the piece. in his case, he used a sabre saw.
    4. cut out the middle of the aluminum piece so that you have a place to shift and put everything through. this should give you pretty much a ring that is in the shape of the shifter bezel.
    5. make the edges all smooth and stuff so u don't hurt yourself and to make the thing pretty.
    6. if you want, polish the piece so that its shiny. in his case he used a buffing wheel and some polish. for us poor people, a polishing cloth and some elbow grease can be used intead of the buffing wheel.
    7. since the shifter bezel has a bend in it, bend the ring to fit the contour of the bezel. in his case he used the deck of his house but a vise could be something that you can use too.
    8. mark the holes to drill and drill the holes.
    9. install the shift boot and knob and screw that ring you made down.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

okay icic
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

xero260
    well put ...i suck with good instructions. :?

VypA
    NICE... btw how much did u end up spending?

Very impressive. I was thinking of doing that once I did the Manny conversion.

First one: Red 88 - 245whp/312wtq - HIN: Nightshift - Chicago '07 WINNER
    Second one: Durban 88 - Buckskin - SHP - Auto - Sold to more capable hands
    Next one: White 84 flatty - t3/t4 - VELNAS - More to come

"...Remember: Don't crush 'em, restore 'em!"

xero260
    how ever much that boot was because thats all i needed, i think it was $14.99...i had that piece of aluminum lying around...the last time i went to lowes, a piece of aluminum like i had was around ten bucks i think...so around $25 unles you have aluminum.......