The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: top speed limiter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 30 of 30
    Quote Originally Posted by txreaper View Post
    theres nothing like the feeling of joy and proudness of knowing that you can actually go up against a v6 possibly a v8 lol
    dude dont under estimate it, you can even catch up with V12

but only when youre sleep

Quote Originally Posted by rez887 View Post
    dude dont under estimate it, you can even catch up with V12

but only when youre sleep
    I said something similar already...or VegasMatt did. :-P

how can you even copete in a track with a car having its potentional held back. i owned a 96 4.6l t-bird , so when small 4cyl. came up to me i wud smoke them pretty easy, which is y i want better performance. i do plan on addin spray, and well if i didnt feel comfortable goin at those speeds i wudnt be doin it. my point is im a tuner fanatic and just want to be able to yeild as much as i can out of my ride. this isnt my first ride and i do familiarize myself with performance mods, so i appreciate all negative and positive feedback. every1 is entilted to there opinion, so keep sending them cuz all is positive feedback for me, regardless of wat it says

Simple as this. The stock 4G64 is what's holding you back. If you want to stay N/A, you would need to fully build your engine by raising compression, etc. Otherwise, you need to go turbo. Other than that, it will always be slow no matter what.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

just cuz vr4 have stock turbos that doesnt mean u cant get a 8g 4g64 running just as fast or even more, so i wudnt count on judgeing a car just by its appearance or name. just saying
    lol k. pretty sure my stock vr4 would crap on your 8g even after you put an ebay intake and exhaust on.
    Last edited by starh4x; 06-17-2010 at 12:57 AM

how can you even copete in a track with a car having its potentional held back. i owned a 96 4.6l t-bird , so when small 4cyl. came up to me i wud smoke them pretty easy, which is y i want better performance. i do plan on addin spray, and well if i didnt feel comfortable goin at those speeds i wudnt be doin it. my point is im a tuner fanatic and just want to be able to yeild as much as i can out of my ride. this isnt my first ride and i do familiarize myself with performance mods, so i appreciate all negative and positive feedback. every1 is entilted to there opinion, so keep sending them cuz all is positive feedback for me, regardless of wat it says
    If you really want my feed back then here it is. Keep the speed off the streets "tuner fanatic" speed limits on roads are there not only for your safety, but the safety of others as well. You are blasting down a street that is set at 40 at over 90mph someone is turning off the side streets and expects you to be doing around 40. Their judgement of wether or not they can make it is based off that speed limit. They decide they can normally make it, you plow into them at 90 mph on their driver side door and kill them congrats you got jail time. I dont care if this is your hundredth car each car reacts differently under different circumstances.

As I said in my last post, you want to go over 120 do it on a track, in order to go over 120 on the track you will have to be able to change your fuel maps and other tuning setting. So once you have coilovers, 17s with nice tires(preference) 225 or larger width up front 225 in rear, and other suspension mods as well as a turbo and a 5spd with evo ecu or other standalone then by all means on the track go over 120.

But right now going over 100 on the streets with your slow ass jap grocery getter makes you not a tuner fanatic but a straight up ricer. Take what you want from this, but please have consideration for others on the road.

I enjoy the speed and performance of my G. Its difficult to maintain that admiration at times, especial after borrowing the best friends Audi.
    To have fun day-in day-out I simply lowered my standards of performance! LOL Really, its true.

I look at what was a car of necessity and began to see the admirable traits. My G has a good basis to go from and thats what Im doing. In the process of making it a long term member of the family Im replacing worn out OEM parts with some after market fun parts. It gets the job done while adding charm and character to an other wise dull mid size family sedan. As i have a mid sized family its a very good fit for us.

Ill keep the real expectations for performance set aside for the motorcycle in my future.

2 cents.
    2000 ES 4G64 ~ Bridgeston Potenza 205/60/15 ~ K&N Typhoon intake/filter ~ KYB GR2/Excel-G ~ CM Springs ~ V6 TB ~ STB OEM 3G Eclipse ~ Drilled Slotted Rotors ~ PrePaid Legal Sticker ~ Graco Car Seat

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    where is the turbo kit that Auto posted before so he can go faster???

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

Experienced TGC Member
    Hahahahaahah I remember auto LOLOL
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

Banned
    I use forza 3 as my tuning/base/ideas/driving/whipping/speeding/crashing.

Then transfer said details into REAL LIFE. Results yield excellence & increase whp by v12 fold.

True story brose :>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12