The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Hazard Light Issue

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Hazard Light Issue

So I just recently had another thread going

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...t=41929&page=2

Which was just about the water pump and timing belt being an issue and we figured it out and its being fixxed.

Well the guy fixxing my car called me just mins ago asking if I have ever had an issue with the hazard lights blicking when the car is running. Which I never have.

He says when he cuts the car on, the hazard lights start flashing and will not go off until he cuts the car off. Anyone heard of this?

All that got replaced was the Water Pump and the Timing Belt
    99 Galant

there may be a short in one of the wires then. Technically, the hazards should work regardless if the car is on or not. There are 4 wires for the hazard. one of them goes to the dimmer, then to the bulb in the hazard, then out to the parking lights. the other 2 wires are connected to relays that trigger the flashers.

The hazards still work when the car is off they just wont cut off while the car is running.

The guy is looking into this but right now the fuse had to be pulled for the hazards which means I have no fog lights, no turn signals, no high beams (normal work fine) and the following lights are showing on the dash.
    Bright lights (even thought they are not working), battery light and another one (the second one to the left of the battery light) Cant remember which one it is.

Again all that got replaced was the water pump and timing belt. Anyone heard of this issue before
    99 Galant

Correction on last it is not the light second to the left of the battery light it is further over and its the brake light

Also found out my windshield wiper fluid does not work either.

Talked to a friend they recommended I check the turn signal relay. Any thoughts?
    99 Galant

Bump anyone help?
    99 Galant

Still no fix, guess I am on my own.
    99 Galant