The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Fastest Car at my School?

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Fastest Car at my School?

Bascially, I just wanna know what competition I might have at my school next year. I have a stock 2000 GTZ (soon to be modded as soon as I get a job- within a year). I'll list a few of the sporty cars I know of. Good thing the owner of the Supra graduated. What's weird is our school is really rich but not that many people are into cars. Too bad.

03 Acura 3.2TL (only one im kinda worried about- 225hp)
    Datsun 280Z (heavy old piece of crap.)
    95 Honda Accord EX (oh no! jk. not worried at all.)
    possible S2000 (240hp...)
    possible 03 accord EX coupe (also 240hp)

After I clear my corners, I'm getting down to business. I really want to be fastest =)

Dilemma
    240hp S2000? Is it stock?

yeah but i doubt the s2000 would actually show up

8ggalant
    bro if u get the sds u will be the fastest car cuz the those hp #'s u quoted are to the flywheel im sure...with the supercharger ull put down at leas 26o to the wheels...so my word of advice dont really worry about looks (kit)..... maybe drop it n get rims ( if u havent done that yet) n juss save up....the sds goes 4 about 3600 + headers and exhaust....good luck bro...its kinda expensive but if u wanna be the fastest...tahts the way to go....

Stockwise, do I stand a chance against that Acura? I haven't done much racing yet so my experience has yet to grow.

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2000GTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>Stockwise, do I stand a chance against that Acura? I haven't done much racing yet so my experience has yet to grow.</div>

THe acura you blow you away, the power to weight ratio is crazy, not including it puts out high hp per liter.. That car is crazy fast..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

Senior TGC Member
    The S2000 will eat the TL, which will then proceed to demolish you. TLs get about 7 seconds 0-60 with the 6 speed manual, a TL-S will obliterate you for sure with its low 6 second 0-60 times.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

tgm0186
    No I really dont think you could take that Acura being all stock...My momma has a 3.2TL..and that engine is really strong...but the good new is..you can take it if you put the money into your gtz...that is only if the kid that has the acura doesnt do the same...but im just goin with my gut on that...you must go to a nice school man..i cant believe kids my age would be driving around in some of those cars...well im from Indiana so...good luck with being the fastest

TWISTED II
    i beat a 280Z on spray. i dunno if i woulda taken him off the bottle though. just cuz its old, don't mean its slow. my buddy has an 88 rx7 running low 13's on his new motor with 500 miles and stock turbo. it'll be in the 12's or 11's once the motor is broken in with the upgraded turbo.....old, not always slow.

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ThaTwistedGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>i beat a 280Z on spray. Â*i dunno if i woulda taken him off the bottle though. Â*just cuz its old, don't mean its slow. Â*my buddy has an 88 rx7 running low 13's on his new motor with 500 miles and stock turbo. Â*it'll be in the 12's or 11's once the motor is broken in with the upgraded turbo.....old, not always slow.</div>

im a testement for was a the track on night, got str8 raped by an old school datsun... were talkin like 3 cars, with the juice, he ran 10.1..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

TWISTED II
    i worded that weird. i meant i beat a 280Z, i was on spray. his was stock. i dunno if that confused anyone.

J
    s2000 will dominate if you race him stock.

that sucks. I guess I'll go for show! =P

Honestly, I've only seen 3 other GTZs in the bay area. I know when we bought ours, it was rare. Is it really?

what part of SJ are you from im out there on the eastside have you seen the black one on 20's with the kit thats my boy hector ive got a white es on white 18" hit me up were goinin to the runs this weekend... if your up for it we can run i never been up against a gtz before when ever i see em theres old people driving them
    "run your car, not your mouth"

http://www.norcal-performance.com