The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: speedo needle fading

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    FinalLast

speedo needle fading

interesting problem

i had one of my gauge light burn out

soon after that

my speedo needle dont light up all the way anymore.

any ideas?

SilverKnight
    is the new bulb you using have the same watt output as the old one.

the same bulbs that light up your gauges light up your needle. thats why the difference in brightness. replace that bulb and things should be fine and dandy

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

FinalLast
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>the same bulbs that light up your gauges light up your needle. thats why the difference in brightness. replace that bulb and things should be fine and dandy</div>

thank you once again

you guys should get paid for this

lol

the dealer might have charged me $85 just to take a look at the car..

SilverKnight
    didnt you read the new memo its a $20.00 charge for asking a question and an extra $40.00 for having your question answered.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

FinalLast
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>the same bulbs that light up your gauges light up your needle. thats why the difference in brightness. replace that bulb and things should be fine and dandy</div>

i replaced the bulbs with 5w ones
    but the needle is still black and faded

i can hardly see it at night

any tips or ideas??

have u painted the needles or something before? how about the dimmer switch, have u played with that? maybe if u make everythign else bright the neddles will light up.

FinalLast
    nope
    i have not painted the needles

what happened was on the of 194 bulbs burned out and soon after that
    my speedo needle doesn't light up all the way anymore.
    Its about half way ...

at 1st i didn't think much about it .. i assumed that it was because one of the 194 was burned out therefore it affected the needle.

so i replaced the bulb.. and now the bulbs are all good

but the needle is only bright half way..

now my question is this
    when i put the bulbs in
    does it have to go in a certain way??
    can that be the cause??

the dimmer switch works fine
    and its turn up at the max.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FinalLast)</div><div class='quotemain'>so i replaced the bulb.. and now the bulbs are all good

but the needle is only bright half way..

now my question is this
    when i put the bulbs in
    does it have to go in a certain way??
    can that be the cause??
    </div>

the bulbs do go in a certain way. in the socket. if u don't they won't light up. but you say they light up so that isn't the problem. but yea i don't see why the needles only light up half way.

99GalantES
    Did you replace all of the bulbs already. It doesn't cost much. I replaced 6 of them for $4 and change. Double check all of the bulbs and clean the copper contacts with a pencil eraser.

FinalLast
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(99GalantES)</div><div class='quotemain'>Did you replace all of the bulbs already. It doesn't cost much. I replaced 6 of them for $4 and change. Double check all of the bulbs and clean the copper contacts with a pencil eraser.</div>

I am going to try this out

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Double check all of the bulbs and clean the copper contacts with a pencil eraser.</div>

hope it works