The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Dynomax cat-back for the Galant

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
    Zivman

Dynomax cat-back for the Galant

I hopped over here from 2gstratus.org. Dynomax has answered the request of members of our board and is producing a full cat-back exhaust for the 01-04 stratus. What this means is that this cat-back will also fit your 8th Generation Galants. I know that many people have been waiting along time for a catback for the stratus (I think Borla makes one, but is very expensive), so I would assume you all have been doing the same.

The application has been underdevelopment for the past months and will be going into production this coming week. The catback should be availalbe withing 3-5 wks. If you want more info you can contact Dynomax @ 1-800-866-6769. follow the prompts (which I believe you press #1-1-1) and that puts you through to Walkers exhaust tech-line.

You can reference the following thread from our board for some more info as well:
    http://www.2gstratus.org/invision/index.ph...max,and,contact

Black Magic
    interesting

KNJGalant2002
    I guess the i4 is always the last one. :cry: Do you know if they are making one for the 4 cyclinder?

Thanks,
    Kristy

Zivman
    Quote Originally Posted by KNJGalant2002
    I guess the i4 is always the last one. :cry: Do you know if they are making one for the 4 cyclinder?

Thanks,
    Kristy
    I don't know, but I thought the i4 and V6 possibly shared the same cat-back, but I don't know for sure. Either way, I bet it could be easily modified to fit the i4.

KNJGalant2002
    I don't know, but I thought the i4 and V6 possibly shared the same cat-back, but I don't know for sure. Either way, I bet it could be easily modified to fit the i4.[/quote]

Umm. I didn't think so because their was talk about the Injen catback one for the V6 but not fitting the i4. I could be wrong though. I am sure with modification it could be done.

Senior TGC Member
    Wow I had no idea the Stratus and the Galant shared the same cat-back. I learn something new everyday
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Quote Originally Posted by Rallifan
    Wow I had no idea the Stratus and the Galant shared the same cat-back. I learn something new everyday
    As long as its the coupe and not the sedan....although its never been verified that the exhaust from a 2G Stratus fits a 8G Galant.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallifan
    As long as its the coupe and not the sedan....although its never been verified that the exhaust from a 2G Stratus fits a 8G Galant.
    That what I would like to know.

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

cdaw2001ES
    If it's a cat back - one would fit both cars, however - it would up the size for the I4 wich is stock 2.25, where the V6 is 2.5,
    From the cat forward is where the big difference lies.
    Now if they are including the downpipe/flex pipe attached to the cat, - like stock, then you'd need to cut that off and weld yer stock one on (for I4)

Senior TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cdaw2001ES
    If it's a cat back - one would fit both cars, however - it would up the size for the I4 wich is stock 2.25, where the V6 is 2.5
    I don't know about you, but my V6 came with 2.25 stock.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

The stock piping is 2.25.

Guys, I just switched to a Dynomax muffler. My Bosal burned out and started sounding like a fart can. Dynomax is a good baffled (for you VA guys) muffler. The one I have looks almost like stock,(again, for you Va guys) It'll keep the cops away, but the free flowing is there when you need it.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

cdaw2001ES
    ? the v6 is stock 2.25 ?
    Whoa - my bad. - You all NEED a cat back
    I'm runnin 2.5 header back now, on my I 4 and I LOVE it

My 6g72 (1987) came with manifolds that ended in 2.5

Senior TGC Member
    Yeah the JDM V6 Galants use 2.5 if I'm not mistaken...at least it does on RPW's website. I used a Dynomax on my Galant in the past...really nice. If someone didn't know cars they would often mistake mine for a V8, till they saw the car in question.

b-boy_sky
    It's good to know dynomax is looking in our direction. I saw a documentery on them on ESPN like 3 years ago and I was impressed. There web site is cool too....it has sound clips you can listen to.....

I have a dynomax muffler on my V6...it has 2.5" piping from the cat back. It has a nice deep sound to it....

00GTZ00
    I think we would still need to modify the exaust. But length wise it migh fit. Doesn't the exaust for the 2G stratus exit on the right side of the car? because ours is the left side like the eclipse....

JohnThaMackMikins
    Sweet...I was just on Dynomax's website before I logged on! I was lookin at the 00-02 Eclipse cat back...was gonna cop that and chop it up to fit but if I dont have too thats even better.

Zivman
    Quote Originally Posted by 00GTZ00
    I think we would still need to modify the exaust. But length wise it migh fit. Doesn't the exaust for the 2G stratus exit on the right side of the car? because ours is the left side like the eclipse....
    Nope, the stratus coupe is on the left side. You may be refering to the sedan which is off the right side.

00GTZ00
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zivman)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(00GTZ00)</div><div class='quotemain'>I think we would still need to modify the exaust. But length wise it migh fit. Doesn't the exaust for the 2G stratus exit on the right side of the car? because ours is the left side like the eclipse....</div>

Nope, the stratus coupe is on the left side. You may be refering to the sedan which is off the right side.</div>

Cool I guess I need to pay more attention LOL

Zivman
    I called for an update and was told that the application would not be available till fall. I am attempting to contact Jon (the person from 2g that has been working with Dynomax on this) to verify the info that the exhaust would be available in the coming week(s). I will keep you all posted. I have also come across another company that may produce a cat-back for the galant. Here's a link to an article on a cat-back they produced for the 350Zhttp://www.turbomagazine.com/tech/0307tur_invidia/

I am not a fan of the canister style mufflers, but beggers can't be choosers. At this point, I am happy that at least one, now it seems two, companies have shown an interest.