The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: chrome altezza tails: what to do?

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
    rascalrg

chrome altezza tails: what to do?

I got 'em, I installed 'em -- and I DON'T love 'em. Too... bling. It's really only cause of the chrome backing, I love the euro look of the tail style itself. My ride is silver so I didn't want black or CF but the chrome just ain't workin (I think some of it has to do with the fan-style of the backing -- I feel like if it were flat it would look ALOT better, much cleaner). so...... what to do?

(I don't have pics yet but it wouldn't really help because I photoshopped the chromes in and I loved 'em -- they look way better in pic than they do in person, take my word for it)

OPTION #1: boot 'em and put back the stocks

OPTION #2: split em and paint the chrome backing silver to match my car (I feel like this is a toss-up: could be awesome, could be herrendous, or could be hardly any change at all)

OPTION #3: paint the covers RED all except for the backup whites. I photoshopped this (below -- that's not my ride, BTW) and right now I'm actually kinda liking this.

Would love TGC's opinions on this... Plus if I decide to go RED, what paint should I use? Is there anything that will really look good?

thanks all!

Tiptronic
    man, thats a hard one. i would say that you could nite shade them ever so lightly to take away that chrome look. other than that, i'm stumped. you dont want to split them open, cause that will probably ruin them in the long run. you sould see if the place you bought them would be willing to do a trade for the other styles. man, hope things turn out the way you want them to

Dilemma
    Becareful when you paint the interior of the tails. Got a friend who messed theirs up in the opening process. But if it looks as good as the photoshop chop you did then go for it.

rascalrg
    i wouldn't try to open them if I decided to paint them red, I'd tape off the whitey and paint the exterior of the covers (but I'd love some feedback from anyone who has done this -- I'm skeptical on how well paint looks on light covers...)

if you're willing to try out option 3, they do sell removable tailight spray. its about 30 dolalrs a bottle and comes in sveral colors. maybe spray it on ur tails and see how u like it. if u like it, keep it, maybe later upgrade to permanent stuff, and if u don't, just peel it off

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>if you're willing to try out option 3, they do sell removable tailight spray. its about 30 dolalrs a bottle and comes in sveral colors. maybe spray it on ur tails and see how u like it. if u like it, keep it, maybe later upgrade to permanent stuff, and if u don't, just peel it off</div>
    you know who sells the spray paint?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Z)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>if you're willing to try out option 3, they do sell removable tailight spray. its about 30 dolalrs a bottle and comes in sveral colors. maybe spray it on ur tails and see how u like it. if u like it, keep it, maybe later upgrade to permanent stuff, and if u don't, just peel it off</div>
    you know who sells the spray paint?</div>

i know autodynamic.com used to sell it. dunno about now. but i bet if u do a search on google or visit a local speed shop you might be able to find more dealers who might have it or special order it

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Censee
    i think u can just get them tinted...ive seen people tint their hedlamps and tail lights......i kneew altezzas would look gay

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>i kneew altezzas would look gay</div>

Sell those, get what you can back and then order a black or CF pair..
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

post a pic of your silver g w/ the chrome alt. - - - sure they ain't all that horrible - - i would've thought that they would've matched better than the blk or cf alt.'s on a silver g - - -

if you're willing, try to paint the housing silver if you dont like the chrome!!
    Semper Fi'

i painted my tails heres a pic
    [/img]
    "run your car, not your mouth"

http://www.norcal-performance.com

damn whip, it came out lookin tight - -clean also - - - but hes talking bout some altezza tailz that are 3 dimensional, but it gives him an idea though
    Semper Fi'

thanks man i forgot they were 3D you could always use the niteshade but its black theres a shop around my house that sell this tail lite spray that comes in different colors blue red green black

Dilemma
    Umm isnt that wing upside down?

naw its a duel deck and he lil rubber stopper came off so i took of the smaller top piece till i got a new stopper cuz it used to rattle see the 4 lil holes near the top

BXNYMitsu01
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Whips_n_chains408)</div><div class='quotemain'>i painted my tails heres a pic Â*
    [/img]</div>

Looks hot! Good job. :thumbsup: Sorry not feeling the wing...it's a little to big for your car without a kit. IMO at least. 8)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BXNYMitsu01)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Whips_n_chains408)</div><div class='quotemain'>i painted my tails heres a pic Â*
    [/img]</div>

Looks hot! Good job. :thumbsup: Sorry not feeling the wing...it's a little to big for your car without a kit. IMO at least. 8)</div>

i like it :thumbsup:
    Diego

thanks guys for the support but the wing is gonna go im tryin to get the new evo wing