The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New member.

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19

New member.

Hello everyone! Long time I've owned a GTZ Galant. Bought it brand new back in 1999 and it has been the best car I've owned. In 2009 I bought a Nissan Maxima. It is 2 years old and today I had to take it the service center because the steering wheel system broke. It has 8,500 miles.

Going back to my Galant. Definetly I've never had a problem with my Galant, it has 160,000 miles and it runs like the first day. Recently I've been trying to give it a VR4 look w/o success. I purchased on ebay two different front grills and one looks cheap and the oem that I bought in Japan is about an inch short on each side. Could anybody with VR4 knowledge help me out
    Last edited by orlandod10; 08-09-2010 at 12:41 PM

welcome. you can find a lot of info here feel free to do so. as far as the grille from japan is a little shorter, is because the Japanese (JDM) headlights are a little bigger due to the dual beams, meaning separate bulb for high/low beam. unlike the US version one bulb for both. So in order to fit it flush you might need JDM headlights as well

- If you've got nothing nice to say, what the hell is wrong with you!?!

Experienced TGC Member
    Orlando as in name, or Orlando as in location?
    -Chris

Orlando as in name. I'm from Puerto Rico

I thogh about that but I noticed that is also a little shorter in height in reference to the hood and the bumper. Will I need to also get the VR4 bumper

Quote Originally Posted by orlandod10 View Post
    I thogh about that but I noticed that is also a little shorter in height in reference to the hood and the bumper. Will I need to also get the VR4 bumper
    well to be precise, yes, when you have headlights, grille, bumper, it all fits better, but even then, you have so slightly modify your radiator support, for all that goodness to mount on your car

Quote Originally Posted by orlandod10 View Post
    u can install jdm headlights w/ a usdm bumper but u will end up w/ a gap under the headlights and grill.

tutorial:

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=14544

Quote Originally Posted by djakay View Post
    well to be precise, yes, when you have headlights, grille, bumper, it all fits better, but even then, you have so slightly modify your radiator support, for all that goodness to mount on your car
    How about if I just change the radiator support to the JDM? Will that work? Does anybody sells those in the US

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    u can install jdm headlights w/ a usdm bumper but u will end up w/ a gap under the headlights and grill.

tutorial:

To me it looks great anyhow much better than the USDM look. Is the gap significant enough to be concerned

I believe if you check out relaxes link i will show you hot to modify your own radiator support, im not sure if you can buy a new radiator support but it only needs simple cutting to make it all work

Quote Originally Posted by ricky_db View Post
    I believe if you check out relaxes link i will show you hot to modify your own radiator support, im not sure if you can buy a new radiator support but it only needs simple cutting to make it all work
    Well I don't know if I want to do that. Remember I've had this beauty for 11 years. Never crashed. Never scratched. It doesn't even have a ding nor a dent. It's frustrating because I really wish to have that look. Any other aftermarket headlights with the look u can recommend?

there is always this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-02...Q5fAccessories for USDM bumper and grille, no modification needed, besides splicing up some wires

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post

tutorial:

Hey Reelax! Where can I get the JDM headlights?

hey Orlando, de donde en PR? Yo soy de Bayamon, y talvez te pueda ayudar, ya yo pase por la conversion, enviame un pm, y te envio algunas fotos de my G.
    De que estamos hablando?

Quote Originally Posted by djakay View Post
    there is always this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-02...Q5fAccessories for USDM bumper and grille, no modification needed, besides splicing up some wires
    Has anyone in this forum installed those? They look cool for a car that you want to customize completely, but I'm not sure how they will look with everything oem.

Btw, welcome to TGC. Good to know your GTZ had served you well so far. You can get the jdm heads from Triggermauve. He's a member from Japan. I got most of my JDM parts from him. Very good guy!
    "Mitsubishi Galant(e) for Life"

Tuned 2013 Evolution X GSR PB

-> Follow me on IG @blackblurr_x | 5-Speed | Check out my Build Here

VR4 Grille

How can I paste the pics that I have stored in my computer so you can see the grille I bought.

you can also get all jdm headlights and tail lights from depotautolights.com

Quote Originally Posted by ricky_db View Post
    you can also get all jdm headlights and tail lights from depotautolights.com
    I have this one so far. Do you think it will fit? This is the description: JDM 97-03 Galant EA1A VR4 Legnum Black Headlight Light

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3379&viewitem=