The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Need help..electrical problems wit dash n headlights

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Need help..electrical problems wit dash n headlights

So here's the deal...i installed fog lights the day before this happened..i wired it up so that it would turn on wen i got my halos/turn signals on..meaning i tapped into the turn signals just to be clear which my halos are also tapped into..at the time i thought "hrmm there shouldn't be a problem with me doing that.."..but i was kinda worried because my halos are also tapped into my turn signals also..everything worked perfectly that day..but then last night while i was driving, my passenger fogs went out and so did my dash lights n center console..once i stopped to check it out, I found out my halos and turn signal was also out but the LEDs and turn signal still blinked when i had the emergency lights on...did i blow a fuse or something because I can't figure out what's wrong..i suck with anything electrical? I disconnected the fogs thinking that would solve the problem and my dash, halos, and turn signals would come back on but nope..that didn't solve a thing...maybe tapping the fogs into my turn signal wasn't such a good idea...T.T can someone help me please? I might just end up installing the stock heads back on if i cant figure out the problem...>.<...o yea, one more thing..everything went out at the same time...

sounds like a fuse sometimes some things(y one light is working and your dash lights are out) will still work with a blown fuse just not everything espailly with lights check ur fse box idk alot about auto eletric but im pretty sure u blew a fuse espically being u just hooked up something new

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    x2

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Its a fuse, you have too much draw going to that. I believe it is only a 10amp fuse for that power source. Look in your handbook for which fuse it is I believe it may be one of the ones in the Yellow fuse holder in the engine bay. 23 or 22. Not 100% so still check. Use an add a fuse kit and create a line directly to the fogs. To make it so that it goes on when your halos go on just use an automotive relay.

ok i appreciate u guys helping me out and i figured it was the fuse but wasn't sure so i need more opinions to what it could have been..alright thanks guys