The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: To do or not to do is the question? Ideas please.

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    silverdragon

Icon2 To do or not to do is the question? Ideas please.

I have a 2002 Galant ES. I want to know if I should upgrade and swap to M/T and all or trade it. I bought it with a stage 2 ECU but the engine rocks terribly every time the car shifts at the moment. The guy I bought it from said he replaced the same engine mount twice already. Any ideas on why it throws mounts? If that is an easy fix what should I use for an engine/tranny swap??

I would keep it, and do the m/t swap. But the way the engine rocks can be a few things, are you positive it is the engine mount? But yeah, i had the same problem with my G, i kept going thru mount after mount, so i got tired of changing the mounts and i purchased some prothane motor mounts. My car now feels like a john deer tractor, but it also performs a lot better aswell.

Might as well go with the M/T. The swap can be done reasonably between 1000 and 1500, and it's one of the most cost-effective upgrades.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Did the guy replace all the motor mounts or just the one mount? If that's the case the vibration is not going to go away. I have a tranny for sale BTW if your interested.

Quote Originally Posted by silverdragon View Post
    I bought it with a stage 2 ECU
    Did anyone but me catch this? Stage 2 the guy who sold it to you bullshitted you on this, they do not make aftermarket performance ecus for ours cars.

silverdragon
    Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    Did anyone but me catch this? Stage 2 the guy who sold it to you bullshitted you on this, they do not make aftermarket performance ecus for ours cars.
    That is what I thought, but then again with all the stuff the have for the evo's and all I figured that might carry over. I'm still pretty new to all this so you'll have to excuse me.

Thanks for the ideas guys, I think I will def put in some time and work on this. I do really like the car and would hate to part with it.

Lol @ the stage 2 ecu

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    WTF is a stage two ECU?

must be one badass secret underground ECU that nobody knows about and only comes from the japanese black market=)