The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 1999 gtz driver side wet from a/c drain cleared ?

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Icon5 1999 gtz driver side wet from a/c drain cleared ?

okay im new to this site i have puddles of water that form on my floor board when my a/c is on.i took it and got the drain cleard out no luck no rain this water just forms on the floor i see water dripping from the bottom of the car im at a loss can some one help

Just had mine fixed, it is not a blocked A/C drain. The water is actually running back along the drain back into the car. There is supposed to be a 90 degree bend at the end of the drain line that points downward and allows the condensation to drip down. There is a tendency for this to fall off and the water actually runs back along the condensation line through the firewall and onto the driver side floor board. This happens because there is only foam insulation around the exiting drain line. The fix is simple but a PITA to do. Once you find the condensation line coming out of the firewall get some silicone and seal up around the line where it exits. You can do this from the top of the car or jack it up and do it from under the car. You can also find a piece of hose that will fit over the line and slide it over the line and extend it down as well. I just did the first part and there was no more water under the carpet. Prior to that I had to dry out the car every time I ran the A/C. Good Luck, I notice immediate results so once you do it then you don’t even have to wait for the silicone to completely cure. Just make sure that you do not get silicone inside the drain line.

There is also a thread here on that same issue, I will see if I can find it.

Also welcome to TGC.

thanks i was able to fix it tough to get to but i got it done i bought the car used for a very cheap price but it drives great looks brand new so they thought they got me but i had the last laugh
    thanks for all ur help

No problem, it took me a few months to figure it out.

Galant13
    how much did you par for your car if you want you can pm me, I am curious because I just bought mine cheap also

Galant13
    *pay