The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Hot air from vents when the heater is not on

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Hot air from vents when the heater is not on

hey guys whats up.i have a problem a while back i was driving from ny to upstate ny and i noticed that when the ac was not on the vents were driving alot of hot air.i turned the ac on to cool down car and then shut it off,it still was driving alot of heat from the floor and head vents,up on till today i have the same problem. the car does not ever heat n i have no problems wit the car.the vents dont drive hot air when da ac is on but at the same time the ac does not push as much cold air as it use 2.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    Do you have your button for outside air pushed in so that it will circulate air from the car instead of outside? Sometimes I have heat come through too but its nothing like what you are explaining. Also, I know its a different vehicle, but my grandfather lost heat in his S10 and in the winter he got heat from the engine through the vents just by driving, so I would say its normal. But others will have more knowledge than me.

Yeah, as stated above, just hit the re-circulate button so the air isn't coming in from the outside of the car. Mine does that too. Also, if you have the heat or air on, that button stops re-circulating after a while (you'll see the light go out when it stops), so you have to push it in again after some time.

also turn the temp control known to cold that closes off the heating ducts

i tried all of tat and it stops the heat.but the problem is i would drive n heat would be so much until i press the circulate button.this is the first time i have this problem with the car, i have the car for abut 3yrs n this is da first time i have a lot of heat commin from the vents.

Well, it is really hot outside these days. Have you been monitoring your engine temp? Maybe it's a bit high and that's the heat you feel through the vents when the recirculate is off?

X3. Is very Hot outside, You wont get any fresh air from the vent. Check your engine and make sure is not everheating or something. In NY its been around 95F, and I feel the same on the vents. Like other member said lower your temp to cold. Mine stops by 50% because i have OBX headers and i wrap them up. Check the picture i posted

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=42459

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Icon6 Hey....Thats how my trouble started...

Quote Originally Posted by AGalant View Post
    i tried all of tat and it stops the heat.but the problem is i would drive n heat would be so much until i press the circulate button.this is the first time i have this problem with the car, i have the car for abut 3yrs n this is da first time i have a lot of heat commin from the vents.
    My '99 (Galant ES) was doing that bout a yr ago. Now the engine heat flexs alot, have to drive w heat/fan on most of the time to regulate it. Took out BOTH t-stats so it would run cooler and it STILL runs on the warm side. If I use recirculate, engine heat temp gauge sores. Its like theres no were else for heat to escape but thru heater vent...any ideas anyone???
    It has v6 3.0 (replaced) pretty strong engine dont even no what yr it came from!

could be a clogged system, have you tired flushing it till clean water comes out???, are you burning coolant at all??

when you turn the hot/cold knob, do you hear a clunking noise as it shuts the hot water valve. Maybe you valve is stuck open and the hot/cold knob cable broke and it isnt working at all.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread