The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: spoiler question

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 31 of 31
    Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    I'm confused.. what does yours look like Keith?
    Mine is the first picture thats posted with the clear Leds in it.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by keith6110 View Post
    Mine is the first picture thats posted with the clear Leds in it.
    so the one you have on your car now, is it aftermarket or did it come w/ the car new (making it OEM for sure)?

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    so the one you have on your car now, is it aftermarket or did it come w/ the car new (making it OEM for sure)?
    The one on my car is oem.

I updated the first post with a picture of a Galant Vr-4 in UK. It looks like it has the smaller spoiler.

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

The one on my car is oem.

I updated the first post with a picture of a Galant Vr-4 in UK. It looks like it has the smaller spoiler.
    are you sure ur spoiler is OEM? have you had the car since it was new or bought the spoiler new at the dealership?

i can look up part#'s in CAPS EUROPE later, but i'm pretty sure it's the same part# as before, hence the same part. also all the UK VR-4's were made in japan, and we already established that the JDM VR-4 spoiler is identical to the USDM one, so that should give you a clue to what the outcome of the serach will yeild.

you appear to be over thinking this and going about it backwards... unless you can be sure that all the wings you are comparing are OEM (not aftermarket), and that you are not simply seeing things, you really are not gonna be able to compare JDM v. worldspec v. USDM. the variations you might find might just be between manufacturers (numerous aftermarket v. OEM). according to mitsubishi motors, they only have 1 part number which means mitsu makes 1 spoiler for all thsese markets and the variation you might be seeing is not in their design and manufacture.

I'm the second owner of this car, so I can't be 100%. It was on it when I bought it.

Did I just discover my car has an aftermarket spoiler? Lol

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Maybe the spoiler is the OEM one, but just the LEDs were changed by the previous owner? Isn't that possible?

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    ^^no, because the oem spoiler LEDs location is pretty far sunken into the spoiler itself. Essentially if you were looking with a bird's eye view on the top of the spoiler, and had x-ray vision, you would see that the LED assembly sits about in the middle of the spoiler, front to back. Not only would the LED assembly have to be huge to be flush with the edge, but it would also have to be specially molded for the shape of the spoiler along that edge because it's not square.

I'm the second owner of this car, so I can't be 100%. It was on it when I bought it.

Did I just discover my car has an aftermarket spoiler? Lol
    i think you're on the right track now. to me, yours is the only one that looks different from any of the others you've posted.

i think you're on the right track now. to me, yours is the only one that looks different from any of the others you've posted.
    Yea, I guess I just never thought that mine was any different. The led replacement for my spoiler was extremely easy to get making me think they have a lot of spoilers like mine. I'm switching mine over to the other style anyway. Man what a headache...

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Yea, I guess I just never thought that mine was any different. The led replacement for my spoiler was extremely easy to get making me think they have a lot of spoilers like mine. I'm switching mine over to the other style anyway. Man what a headache...
    honestly, it's not that big of a deal is it? it's so minor of a detail between the spoiler you have and the spoiler you are replacing it with (only difference appears to be LED lense color and placement). not worth getting any headache over really.

honestly, it's not that big of a deal is it? it's so minor of a detail between the spoiler you have and the spoiler you are replacing it with (only difference appears to be LED lense color and placement). not worth getting any headache over really.

No, It's really not a big deal. I just like to know the difference between parts and what part it is I'm putting on. Just adds to my ever expanding knowledge about my Galant I guess. Not a problem, I appreciate the help to get to the bottom of this though lol.

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12