The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: grill question

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17

grill question

will this grill fit on my stock 8g with stock

sorry if this has been answered already search and found nothing?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-M...ht_1842wt_1167

^^link not working

yea sorry now it should

that is a JDM grill and will not fit without JDM headlights and some cutting of the grill itself. it is a different actual size than USDM. if u want to keep your USDM headlights, you can modify a USDM grill by cutting the fins and adding mesh behind... search the board for the tutorials and numerous posts on the subject.

it fits the bumper but you need jdm heads, use search and you will find more answers and pics

EDIT: darn it, relax beat me to it lol

thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by midnightbear View Post
    it fits the bumper but you need jdm heads, use search and you will find more answers and pics

EDIT: darn it, relax beat me to it lol
    it won't even fit a USDM bumper well w/o gaps. JDM grills clip into the headlights and radiator support and need at least 1 new hole cut into metal to clip in, (unlike USDM grills which just clip into the radiator support) and are also shorter and narrower.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    I did de-fined my grille this weekend n it was fun doing it lol. The hardest part was the mesh.

Before

After
    Last edited by Corey2kG; 10-06-2010 at 07:25 PM

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

i mean i de fined my grill but im not liking. i like the jdm ones alot more but well see

Any pics?

FreakyDeaky

Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

no like i went to lowes,home depot and advance and and nobody had that mesh.

lowes had some black plastic one that in a roll for like 3-4 buck and they had the metal one but it was 1 piece for like 10 dollars and it was no longer then the grill it self

Da problem is getting the grill is then you gonna have to get a jdm heads and bumper to fit nice and tight.Also how did you cut the fins off the grille ?

yea im just go to stick to what i got

reelax i saw that. the part im having trouble with is finding the mesh i only found the black plastic one but it didn't come out looking good with it.

I got the same mesh Stepsascend got for his grille. Its gutter guard or something like that. It in the gutter section in home depot. Its a small section like 3' by 8" it has 2 clips on it.

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Quote Originally Posted by Corey2kG View Post
    I got the same mesh Stepsascend got for his grille. Its gutter guard or something like that. It in the gutter section in home depot. Its a small section like 3' by 8" it has 2 clips on it.
    ok thanks i think i remeber seeing it

i will go again tomorrow to see