The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 94 Galant Auto Transmission/Linkage ?

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

94 Galant Auto Transmission/Linkage ?

So I had the transmission rebuilt and everything went fine up till now,after install we can not get the linkage to line up right you have to slowly go past R to get it engage into reverse the transmission guy said there was a special tool to get it to line up correctly,anybody ever heard of this?

Anything is possible but when I pulled and reinstalled the auto trans in my 94 ES there was nothing to adjust. I had the shift lever in neutral and then moved the trans lever to line up with the cables. Didn't have to anything else so guess I was lucky. If you have a Haynes manual take a look at section 6-14 Park/Neutral Position switch replacement and adjustment. There is no special tool required for this but I suspect this will take care of your problem. Your mechanic should have adjusted this if it was needed. If nothing else get a Haynes manua and take it to your mechanic so he can take care of you.
    Last edited by eksz; 10-09-2010 at 11:44 PM
    jjj
    98 ES (5 spd), 94 GS (5 spd), 94 ES (rebuilt auto), 92 Toyota 4X4, 81 KZ550 A2, 67 Mercedes 250S, 58 Mercedes 190SL

Quote Originally Posted by eksz View Post
    Anything is possible but when I pulled and reinstalled the auto trans in my 94 ES there was nothing to adjust. I had the shift lever in neutral and then moved the trans lever to line up with the cables. Didn't have to anything else so guess I was lucky. If you have a Haynes manual take a look at section 6-14 Park/Neutral Position switch replacement and adjustment. There is no special tool required for this but I suspect this will take care of your problem. Your mechanic should have adjudsted this if it was needed. If nothing else get a haynes manula and take it to your mechanic so he can take care of you.
    I actually took the transmission out and put it back in myself,mechanic only rebuilt it for me.But ill check the haynes manual thanks.