The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: TB coolant lines

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    VypA

TB coolant lines

i want to bypass the coolant lines to the throttle body to help keep the intake temp down a bit... but wanted to make sure i got the right lines.. its the two black hoses right on the front side of the TB where the air intake comes in right? kinda a dumb ? but just makin sure.. since im in charlotte nc im not too worried about it freezing up

VypA
    i mean the two that are kinda here....

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    yah should be those too, i did mine but i had too or else i would have had antifreeze bein sucked through my intake mani

its very easy, just move some hoses, careful, there will be some excess antifreeze comin outa the hoses
    7g for life!

VypA
    cool thanks... just out of curiousity did it seem to make any difference.. i just switched over to a CAI and figured while i was at it i could cool the air down even a lil more

Livn2sk8
    Sorry to sound dumb, but...

Why are you doing this?
    what exactly are you doing?
    pros/cons?

Thank You In Advance!

VypA
    the main reason to do it would be to keep the intake temperature down by not having the hot (160+ degree F) coolant running thru the TB. cant really do it in areas w/ very cold winters tho cuz there is a chance of the TB freezing up

ic i heard about this, just curious did u just remove it or did u plug it somewhere else??
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

do NOT do this modification.
    the coolant needs to run through the throttle body because there is a wax idle element in there! its NOT to keep the throttle body warm, or anything like that.
    Bypassing the throttle body will also do absolutly NOTHING for performance. All it will do is make the car idle incorrectly.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    well from doing this my IAC motor has gone bad and my idle has shot up to 2k on warm starts. i dunno if its cause this or not but it happened

yah there really is no performance increase so there is no point in doing it.
    7g for life!

VypA
    ok thanks everyone guess i wont do it then... just somethin a lot of the subie guys used to do and that i did with my legacy and had no problems... anyways thanks again