The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Interior roof lining problems

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

Icon4 Interior roof lining problems

My 2000 G has some loose lining issues!

Along the rear window, all the way from side to side, my lining is coming loose. Its slowly getting worse but not really bad yet.
    Ive thought about glues (rubber cement?) to tack it back up there but want to know if you all have better ideas. I drive with the windows down a bit a lot, I like fresh air.
    Any ideas or experience?

Thanks!
    2000 ES 4G64 ~ Bridgeston Potenza 205/60/15 ~ K&N Typhoon intake/filter ~ KYB GR2/Excel-G ~ CM Springs ~ V6 TB ~ STB OEM 3G Eclipse ~ Drilled Slotted Rotors ~ PrePaid Legal Sticker ~ Graco Car Seat

3m headliner spray adhesive, can be found at most auto stores.

GALANT_CBR

Please help I shorted my mirror cable

Please help, I was trying to instal my JDM power mirror switch and I touched the wrong wires together saw a small spark and now that wire has no power. I think Im going to install the oem switch and just add another switch for the folding feature. Thank you if you could help.

GALANT_CBR
    Sorry I posted this in the wrong place.

hey, dont take over another persons thread.. stay on topic

GALANT_CBR
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizzzo29 View Post
    hey, dont take over another persons thread.. stay on topic
    Relax buddy, Im new to this site and didnt realize I had done that, and if you would have taken your time to read you would have noticed that I apologized right after I noticed my mistake, so take it easy.

GALANT_CBR
    Quote Originally Posted by Sphinx View Post
    My 2000 G has some loose lining issues!

Along the rear window, all the way from side to side, my lining is coming loose. Its slowly getting worse but not really bad yet.
    Ive thought about glues (rubber cement?) to tack it back up there but want to know if you all have better ideas. I drive with the windows down a bit a lot, I like fresh air.
    Any ideas or experience?

Thanks!
    My family has an upholstery business and sometimes we do headliners and trust me its going to get worse if the thin padding under the lining is dried up the 3m headliner spray adhesive will not work if the padding is dried up because the dust from it wont let it stick. If its comeing off with padding and all then use the 3m adhesive. If not you will have to do the whole thing over. Good luck...

Mine started doing this lately so I will be following this thread as well. Just around the lip though.
    99 Galant

Im going to climb back there today and check it out. Ill try the 3M this next week and report back how well it works. Thanks for all the advice.

Sphinx
    2000 ES 4G64 ~ Bridgeston Potenza 205/60/15 ~ K&N Typhoon intake/filter ~ KYB GR2/Excel-G ~ CM Springs ~ V6 TB ~ STB OEM 3G Eclipse ~ Drilled Slotted Rotors ~ PrePaid Legal Sticker ~ Graco Car Seat

Do it right if your going to do it, just take everything off, the foam too, and get it redone right, better off to do it right the first time, versus half as* it and having to do it all over again.

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Cost benefit ratio .... If I can find a good deal on a total replace then Ill do that ... in the mean time Ill repair to the best of my ability.
    I love my G but its our daily commuter and were buying a bigger car once my son is born :-D

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

3M stuff is called Super 77 or something like that, I've seen it on walmart and Home Depot, I have the same problem it have stopped because there are two plastic clips that hold the liner.

4g64T 5spd

Thanks for the info bro! That will help when I go look for it LOL
    Im not a mechanic by nature but am detail oriented and with out the name Super 77 I would be pissed off and frenzied looking for it~

Quote Originally Posted by Sphinx View Post
    Im going to climb back there today and check it out. Ill try the 3M this next week and report back how well it works. Thanks for all the advice.

Sphinx
    how did the 3M spray work out for you? im having the same problem in my 02

I started to have that issue and bought some headliner spray stuff from Autozone or something like that. My foam was bone dry, kinda flaky and crap as well. Stuff worked like a charm. Its sticky as hell though so either be extremely careful or mask the back window.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    3M super 90 is the shit to use.. I wrap all the headliners I do with that stuff..

Here are a few that I've done..

Before:

After:

That's what you need..
    Last edited by Jeffylou87; 10-20-2010 at 08:46 PM

Ah you guys, I have the same problem. it started from the back but now im getting bubbles in the front. I plan to do this later, but i need some steps just to be sure, do you guys recommend?:

1. take head liner "board" off completely
    2. carefully remove the lining
    3. clean head liner foam of dust?
    4. apply the 3m 90 stuff by sections & re applying the lining along the way
    Mitsubishi Galant '99
    i4
    174k trans. 30k engine
    all stock.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    That sounds great..