The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Help me install an alternator!

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    Coolest newb eva!

Help me install an alternator!

Since the alternator in my 8G (I4) was deemed bad, I decided to go to the pick-a-part to get a used one. Unfortunately, the two 8Gs there were missing it.
    I found one 7G with it, so I went ahead and pulled it out. I have to say it was NOT easy, to say the least, and I ended up removing the radiator, exhaust manifold, and power steering reservoir, pump and hoses.

Now, I need help installing it in my car. I can't go removing and cutting parts in my car as opposed to the salvage one, so can anyone give some guidance? Any help is appreciated.

Remove the clamp bolt that attaches the power steering pressure hose to the valve cover and push the hose aside.Loosen the lock bolt,upper adjustment bolt and upper mounting bracket bolt.Jack up the right side,take off your wheel/tire and remove the engine protection cover to access the electrical connections and lower pivot bolt and nut.Loosen lower pivot bolt and remove belt.Remove loosened mounting bolts and remove alternator from top.Hope this helps,just reading from the Hayne's manual.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    i didnt know 7G and 8G have the same altenator.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

I just removed one today at the jy and you have to pull it out from the top .

basically ^jerm^ has it right
    Last edited by Exhaust power; 11-13-2010 at 01:13 PM

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Jermyjerm has it right, after you take everything off and off to the side you just have to squeeze and fiddle with it to get it out. Mostly its very easy to remove and install the other alt.

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

Coolest newb eva!
    Yep, I got it out as per these instructions. No, the 7G one is not the same.. I thought they were but turned out to be a wrong fit. I had to go back and exchange it, and got a shop to install it (no jacks for my car).

Alternator is in, so thanks everybody!

Glad you got her fixed!