The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 5 speed question?

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar

5 speed question?

Hey TGC members, before I start I like to say sorry if this question has already been talked about but for some reason I can find anything about it and just alil confused about some parts here and there.

Well motor is pulled out from the car and tranny and after cleaning the engine bay a little ganna start putting the motor and doing the 5 speed swap. I wanna see if I can be able to do this swap with out ay help but there was something I saw that im confused about.

1: On the clutch pedal there are 2 connecters, does any body know what they are and if I need them at all?

2: Ok well Im going to be using an Evo 8 ECU for this project and im really confused about what wires need to be changed on the speedo sensor and reverse? No wires came with the 3g tranny except for the speedo sensor so Im assuming that I can use some of the connectors from my stock harness but not sure what I would need to rewire since my car is a 2002 G?

Well thats it guys, other than that everything is simple. Once again I am sorry if this subject has been talked about already just need fast info since I wanna try to get this done during the weekend. Thanks guys
    Last edited by Galantfan88; 09-24-2010 at 09:56 AM

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

If im not mistaken the two connectors on the clutch pedal are for Starting(pushing in the clutch, just like having it in neutral or park with the automatic) and cruise control disengage

Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    If im not mistaken the two connectors on the clutch pedal are for Starting(pushing in the clutch, just like having it in neutral or park with the automatic) and cruise control disengage
    Ok I had a feeling that what it was and for the other one not sure what to do with that but would you happen to know if this NEEEEDSSS to be conneted or can I just leave then un connected?

Proto
    One is for the clutch safety switch (car won't start if the clutch isn't depressed) which you don't need and the other is for the cruise control which disengages it if you go to switch gears. You don't need either unless you plan on running cruise control.

you don't need either. and actuallyyyy the one on the top of the pedal is not just for cruise control it actually should be hooked up to the ecu. there is a whole bunch of stuff that happands when you push the pedal down.
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    One is for the clutch safety switch (car won't start if the clutch isn't depressed) which you don't need and the other is for the cruise control which disengages it if you go to switch gears. You don't need either unless you plan on running cruise control.
    Thanks guys, and for connecting them naaaaa no need to have cruise control nor clutch safety switch.

Well this leaves me down to one more question for number 2 if anybody can help me on that with the wiring?

Quote Originally Posted by GOOSEY2099 View Post
    you don't need either. and actuallyyyy the one on the top of the pedal is not just for cruise control it actually should be hooked up to the ecu. there is a whole bunch of stuff that happands when you push the pedal down.
    ahahahaaaa not the ECU...damn I hate messing around with that. So what you are saying is that it should be connected? and if so to what? bc I didnt get anything for that when the 5 speed swap came in.

anybody know???

i did the swap with out hooking up that connector lol, i have no problems at all....... its kinda nice not having to push the clutch in to start the car. plus it makes remote start a breeze... lol unless you leave it in gear.....

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Quote Originally Posted by galantman03 View Post
    i did the swap with out hooking up that connector lol, i have no problems at all....... its kinda nice not having to push the clutch in to start the car. plus it makes remote start a breeze... lol unless you leave it in gear.....
    Alright, awesome man. Thanks alot for your help

Does anybody know if I need to do any wiring with the speedo sensor and how to do the reverse? Im a little confused about it.

any updates on this cause i finished my m/t swap and ive got the evo ecu installed any ideas what can be done for the speedo?
    4g64 dohc turbo 5-speed
    gt30r @20psi stock block,mbc
    2.5" tbe
    evo 8 ecu and maf
    large fmic w/ cx racing intercooler pipes
    wrx injectors @ 100psi fuel pressure