The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2000 es i4

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

2000 es i4

back in the day my mom drove this car and used the cruise control the whole way to and from kansas city. from des moines iowa. and after that the cruise will not work. i will turn it on and set the speed(green cruise light DOES light up) but it won't hold the speed. any ideas? could it be a fuse? i don't know much about cruise control.

thanks in advance
    2000 G-lant ES

start with looking at the vacuum hose that runs from the t/b to the rectangular black box on the drivers side just in front of the strut tower. make sure you dont have a vacuum leak

I've got the same problem. I replaced the module with one from a junkyard but to no avail. How do you check for a vacuum leak?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    -Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by galant108 View Post
    back in the day my mom drove this car and used the cruise control the whole way to and from kansas city. from des moines iowa. and after that the cruise will not work. i will turn it on and set the speed(green cruise light DOES light up) but it won't hold the speed. any ideas? could it be a fuse? i don't know much about cruise control.

thanks in advance
    make sure your lines are connected and not crakce, then put the car up on jack stands, have some one inside engage cruise, and oull the hose off the TB, stick your finger on the end and see if there is and vaccuum at all

ok thanks guys. it's gettin some new rubber right now but i'll go take a peek under there
    2000 G-lant ES