The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: gTorque's Project Build

Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
Showing results 221 to 240 of 680
    You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Nice upgrades, damn bro u must not know its a recession going on! You buyn $h!t all day for two cars! LOL!
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    sure, you can use anything, but what im saying is your going to need race gas or meth injection on a 10:1 motor once you start boosting past about 22-25psi, you can always retard timing and add fuel to offset this in the tune, but doing that will hurt the spool up time.
    Alright i got it.. Ill see what Jon with JestrTuning can do for me.. Ill just keep the boost around 18psi with the eclipse trans.

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    Nice upgrades, damn bro u must not know its a recession going on! You buyn $h!t all day for two cars! LOL!
    Lol.. Its not like that

So now the motors back from the machine shop.. Heres some pics..

The head was grooved like I was talking about earlier.The block was o ringed and bored for the 87mm pistons. They also made a balance shaft eliminator kit for me that is sort of the same as the one AMS sells. The crank shaft was also polished and balanced.

Nice!!!!!

The key to Immortality is first living a life worth remembering.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    looks good, i've never seen it grooved on both sides like that before, maybe its something new
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Now heres some pics of how the Talons looking like maybe about 3 months ago. There is a much bigger difference compared to the last couple of pics. Sorry I dont have any pics of all these parts being installed by each.. A list of stuff thats been added since the last pics..

Let me know what you guys think ;)

Catch can and filter
    8AN valve cover breathers
    6AN PunishmentRacing fuel filter to fuel rail line
    6AN turbo coolant lines
    16AN radiator lines and re-routed water system with filler on the radiator
    Mishimoto radiator and fans
    SSQBOV off of the Galant with new 2.5" piping
    Yellow sponge air filter and 3" pipe
    PERRIN coolant overflow can
    Golden Eagle black vacuum block
    Copper exhaust manifold gasket
    Forced Performance manifold (ceramic coated)
    Forced Performance 68HTA ported
    Forced Performance feed line and return line
    Megan o2 housing with open dump
    Gold reflector wrap on the lower intercooler pipe
    Magnus street/strip intake manifold
    Magnus heat barrier intake manifold gasket
    PTE 680cc injectors
    wire tuck under the intake manifold instead of ontop along with the throttle cable
    cruise control delete
    STM slave to master ss line
    COP set-up
    Setrab oil cooler with 8AN hose and fittings
    Also built the head with-
    Forced Performance fp2 cams
    AEM adjustable cam gears
    Kiggly Racing springs,valves and retainers
    Im sure theres more I didnt name lol And theres still stuff that will be changed around

I figured I might aswell use the Tenzos and Toyo tires since its not getting any wear sitting around on the galant.

Last edited by Gtorque; 12-20-2010 at 06:45 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    looks good, i've never seen it grooved on both sides like that before, maybe its something new
    I guess so..They did a very good job and pretty quick work

Just spotted something!!!!

Dont put that crank in the motor yet, dont do it!!!!

Have the machine shop remove the pilot bushing from the end of the crank now before its back in the motor, save yourself the trouble. You can put the 5 speed bushing in with it in the car easily, but the auto one is sometimes a PITA.
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

^ Awesome damn nothing gets passed you lol

Thats Stewi, Eagle eye>>>>>lol

Dam bro, new parts everyday. did you win the lotto or something and you not telling us. But good work. I better get a calculator and tells us a total project $$$

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

^ Lol no lotto.. I f&*kin wishh ha.. I actually got a great deal on most of these parts man. Im the type to always buy brand new especially when it comes to motor parts. But a friend of mine had a bunch of parts for sale after parting out dsms that I couldnt resist.He sold me these for these prices

Kiggly Racing springs,retainers,and seats - $150.00
    AEM cam gears - $25.00
    COP - $100.00
    fp2 cams - $300.00
    Magnus intake manifold - $250.00
    PunishmentRacing 6AN fuel filter to rail - $20.00

All these parts are used but in GREAT condition! Wouldnt you have done the same?

I would definitely done the same if I had spare money >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Gtorque View Post
    ^ Lol no lotto.. I f&*kin wishh ha.. I actually got a great deal on most of these parts man. Im the type to always buy brand new especially when it comes to motor parts. But a friend of mine had a bunch of parts for sale after parting out dsms that I couldnt resist.He sold me these for these prices

Kiggly Racing springs,retainers,and seats - $150.00
    AEM cam gears - $25.00
    COP - $100.00
    fp2 cams - $300.00
    Magnus intake manifold - $250.00
    PunishmentRacing 6AN fuel filter to rail - $20.00

All these parts are used but in GREAT condition! Wouldnt you have done the same?
    DANG! Does he have a spare magnus intake manifold lol

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

^ lol I will ask him for you ;)

Question guys. Ive been looking all over the internet on how to install a Evo 8 ecu in are 8g but sometimes theres just way to much information and confuses me. As some of you know I did do a manual swap and I still have my auto ecu in the car. I see that the manual 3g eclipse is identical to the evo 8s ecu but without all the turbo programs. Im almost close to getting the car started and this is pretty much the only thing left for me to do. I will post pics of the motor back inside the car later on today.

Along with the evo 8 ecu that I have I went with a Speed Density and Omin 4. I already got the MAP sensor connected to the intake manifold and i will be wiring the 2 wires for the AIT sensor to the MAF today. I see that some people say it would be wise for Boomslang to make a harness from auto 8g to evo 8 ecu but would that plug and play be it or is there still anymore work involved?

Anything would help guys.

^ lol I will ask him for you ;)
    thanks lol

I see that the manual 3g eclipse is identical to the evo 8s ecu but without all the turbo programs. Im almost close to getting the car started and this is pretty much the only thing left for me to do. I will post pics of the motor back inside the car later on today.

Along with the evo 8 ecu that I have I went with a Speed Density and Omin 4. I already got the MAP sensor connected to the intake manifold and i will be wiring the 2 wires for the AIT sensor to the MAF today. I see that some people say it would be wise for Boomslang to make a harness from auto 8g to evo 8 ecu but would that plug and play be it or is there still anymore work involved?

Anything would help guys.
    I know that the eclipse and evo ecu connector wise is the same, but ours is different. Evo and Eclipse ecu has 2 rows of pins, and our ecu has 3 rows of pins. So even if you wanted to put the eclipse ecu, evo ecu, or any standalone in you still need the Boomslang harness. The harness is "supposed" to be plug and play, but I know Galantfan88 and couple other people on here(can't remember) had a couple pins wrong on the Boomslang harness, so they messed up. thats pretty much all i know lol

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

I do remeber people having issue witht eh Boomslang harnesses, but i know one guy(i think it was Duh) he sent them the wiring pinouts from the two ECUs to boomslang and siad this is how it should be done

Quote Originally Posted by galantman03 View Post
    thanks lol

I know that the eclipse and evo ecu connector wise is the same, but ours is different. Evo and Eclipse ecu has 2 rows of pins, and our ecu has 3 rows of pins. So even if you wanted to put the eclipse ecu, evo ecu, or any standalone in you still need the Boomslang harness. The harness is "supposed" to be plug and play, but I know Galantfan88 and couple other people on here(can't remember) had a couple pins wrong on the Boomslang harness, so they messed up. thats pretty much all i know lol
    Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    I do remeber people having issue witht eh Boomslang harnesses, but i know one guy(i think it was Duh) he sent them the wiring pinouts from the two ECUs to boomslang and siad this is how it should be done
    ^ Thanks guys. Ya i noticed that ares had 3 rows and the evo 8 has 2. I got the Evo 8 ecu pinpoint diagram from RoadRace but I cant seem to find the one for are 8g. Does anyone have a print out on it? I found one on C3g with the the colors and all but it was way to small to print out and I couldnt make out the words.

If anyone has done it I would like to hear from there piont of view. How did you do yours or did you get a harness from boomslang made? If so did the harness give you any problems? Thanks

^ Thanks guys. Ya i noticed that ares had 3 rows and the evo 8 has 2. I got the Evo 8 ecu pinpoint diagram from RoadRace but I cant seem to find the one for are 8g. Does anyone have a print out on it? I found one on C3g with the the colors and all but it was way to small to print out and I couldnt make out the words.

If anyone has done it I would like to hear from there piont of view. How did you do yours or did you get a harness from boomslang made? If so did the harness give you any problems? Thanks
    I only have first hand experience with one boomslang harness and that was for XD_01's car and it had like 4-5 wires that were pinned to the wrong spot, not a huge problem. I am going to work on hosting and posting up the pinouts and charts that I have. I know i've promised that before but I will do it this time I swear.

With the Evo ecu you might get some CEL's since you dont have a stock boost solenoid and some other crap the EVO has, but it will still work and run the engine correctly. You will need to have the immobilizer programmed so it starts. I have NO experience with immobilizers since my car doesnt have one (99's FTW!!) but im sure Cali, Goosey or Qnz can answer that in more detail since they have it in their car and I think Goosey did XD_01's immobilizer.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Johnathansgalant and I made my harness. It took about 8+ man hours to do the wiring but we were wiring up a dual ecu harness. It should take a little less time to do a straight conversion harness.

I would buy the harness from boomslang and just doublecheck their work. The only thing that sucks about the boomslang harness is that they use all the same color for the wiring. If you were to make your own harness, maybe look into using the stock colors by taking an engine harness from a junkyard car.

clearing the immobilizer is super easy. clearing the CEL lights and any codes is pretty simple too.

I have the Evo 8 ecu print out from Road Race. I think that if I have the correct ecu for are 8g I can send both ecu print outs to them and the harness might come back correct. Stewi if you can please post up the 8g ecu pinpoint that would be great for all of us. I took a drive down to CFT to talk to Rolo cause this ecu shit is giving me a f&^kin headache. He told me maybe Jeff at DSMchips.com could probably flash my ecu and do upgrades in it to be just like an evo 8 ecu ( if thats possible). I sent him a email and hopefully he returns a positive one. Also I spoke with Jon with JestrTuning and he said he just recently tuned a Galant up in Jersey that had a evo 8 ecu in it. He said it went very well, whos g did he tune?

Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast