The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Warning Lights on...What Could be Wrong?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 22 of 22
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Livn2sk8)</div><div class='quotemain'>why is this "Manybrews"....haha seriously, 99% of the time, your advice seems very helpful and knowledgeable...but 4 out of 5 mechanics that I've spoken to.....see nothing wrong with what I said...in fact....the way I learned that...was from a master mechanic.....a guy who could listen to a car, and tell you what was wrong with it....(slight exaggeration, but you get my point)....</div>

because if there is a failure with the alternator (or even if there isnt), not having a battery to allow for proper voltage detection can allow the alternator to max out its field. Which, in laymens terms, can mean you suddenly sending your cars voltage from 14 to 18 within a split second.
    Dont believe me? Ive seen it happen.
    Obviously, if the alternator is dead, this isnt going to happen. However, taking the chance with it is severly stupid, especially since testing it correctly takes about 1 minute.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>
    I do not know of your occupation, or automobile background, nor do I know you on a personal basis, so please do not be offended by my inquisition, just simply asking a question

Thanks</div>
    im not offended. And ive worked for mitsubishi for over 11 years.

Livn2sk8
    Thanks for the clarification....carry on!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12