The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Phuckin Horn....PLEASE HELP!!!

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    Skipp

Phuckin Horn....PLEASE HELP!!!

I pushed my horn at the gas station to try and get the guys attention, little did I know that the horn dont work unless the car is started. When I turned on my car it started BLARING....It's stuck on!!!!! I pulled the fuse for it, but it's still stuck. Im affraid if i pull the cover off, the airbag may blow in my face and break my neck...lol. PLEASE HELP!!!!

The switch inside is broken. There's a TSB for it. The fix is to replace the airbag module. Someone here did it or tried to do it themselves, I can't remember. I took mine to the dealer.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Skipp
    your horn got stuck to? thats odd. I'm thinkin about just leavin the fuse out and sayin fuck it. I don't gotta go to inspection for 3 years...and i dont use it anyway. That's how i got myself into this mess in the first place. Oh wellz, thnx for the advice anyway.

Gilhuly
    I'm the guy that had it and fixed it. There's a post on here somewhere. Try pushing down on the horn with the car off to compress the airbag some. In hot weather that airbag assembly can expand activating the horn switch (which is a sheet of pressure sensitive plastic). If you disconnect the battery negative you can take apart the airbag starting with the star head bolt on the steering column. I can't live without the horn.

Gilhuly

Horn repair infor from a while ago