The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Hole in Radiator

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Hole in Radiator

I have a hole in the radiator where something hit it and now its leaking. Can that leak be fixed or does the whole radiator need to be replaced? The whole is about the size of a small pebble.

Thanks.
    Love,
    Matt

You can have the radiator welded at a reputable radiator shop. They should be able to determine if the hole is too big to handle a repair. That sounds like a pretty big hole, but check with the experts.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Its in the shop today getting welded and then I have to go back to the dealer and get my free cooling fan installed that they put on backwards which caused the leak in the radiator.

The guy at the shop recommended me putting in a hi performance radiator because of the blower, but I passed.

Sooo..I will get the Galant back tomorrow with the radiator fixed.
    Love,
    Matt

Senior TGC Member
    I would have put in a high performance once
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Not ready with those Fluidyne Fans yet Matt :?:

--------------------------------------
    TEAM TGCLV
    myspace.com/xxxJ3ffReYxxx
    TEAM TGCLV
    TEAM DOWNFORCE
    LVEVO.org

you will probably NOT be able to repair the radiator, as it aluminum.

also, do NOT bother with a "high performance" radiator, as that basically what you already have. The factory radiators easily deal with anything you throw at them.

If you need to replace it, Id proabably just call up a local parts supplier and see what they carry, as the factory radiator is about 400 bucks (I think).

I went ahead with the better radiator.
    Love,
    Matt