The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My stock headlights ridiculously weak?

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

My stock headlights ridiculously weak?

Okay at first they were aiming downwards so I made it shine up. But I still realize that my lights are really weak. They are stock bulbs but the seem to be a little 'cross eyed' is there any way to fix the left and right aim of the headlights?

I say this because it seems like I have no lights when I am on the highway WITH my fogs on. I mean if I approach the car in front a little closer I see my own light reflection. Anyone else have this strange problem?

escoson
    hmmm, you should take off the dome pieces covering the headlight bulbs. then i would replace the stock head light bulbs with some hyperwhites and replace the fogs with hyperwhites. it is a hell of alot brighter with alot more vision. thats what i did.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(escoson)</div><div class='quotemain'>hmmm, you should take off the dome pieces covering the headlight bulbs. then i would replace the stock head light bulbs with some hyperwhites and replace the fogs with hyperwhites. it is a hell of alot brighter with alot more vision. thats what i did. Â*</div>

Is taking off the dome a good idea? I was thinking of that when I tried to clear my corners. I plan to purchase some PIAA or whatever later on. Just wondering why stock is so weak.

nrgizeman
    probably look brighter when you look directly at your car but i think takin the domes off would make the lights less intense when you drive. im sure there is a good explanation for domes in place. i would highly recommend to leave the domes.

Senior TGC Member
    Our cars just naturally have poor light distribution. If you drive a Mazda Protege I think they're rated as one of the best at throwing light out there. I wouldn't touch anything...taking off the domes also makes your headlights non-DOT compliant because they no longer scatter light the legal way, and could possibly be hazardous to you or other drivers. Kinda like installing HIDs on a non-HID equipped car.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

okay so its natural to barely see any of your own light refracted while driving on stock bulbs?

It just weirds me out a bit :?

there is another set of screws that allows you to adjust left and right. look for them in the back of the headlight housings... they may be covered by frosted clear plastic caps.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Reelax)</div><div class='quotemain'>there is another set of screws that allows you to adjust left and right. Â*look for them in the back of the headlight housings... Â*they may be covered by frosted clear plastic caps.</div>

Oh I have to pluck them out?

Senior TGC Member
    Well, if you can get a good grip on them you shouldn't have to. Just squeeze and turn.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison