The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2 problems

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

2 problems

Leaking oil at oil pressure sensor replaced 2 times already then it starts to leak using 50 oil i was told might stop the problem nothing has changed

second problem check engine light is on for temp. check thermostat or engine coolant sensor replaced both car only heats up in the summer going up the mountain other than that daily driving never heats up

Using a heavier viscocity oil (10 w50 in stead of 10 w30) should only be a temporary "get home" fix. Are you using teflon tape on the oil sensor?

Check all the fan fuses/relays then make sure the fans are fully opperational. They need to cycle on and off when the engine is hot and stay on when the A/C is on.

Fans work yeah i used the tape the oil pressure sensorr now has a hole on the top third one just bought broke already

your thermostat is stuck open, get another one and replace it.

what do you mean it has a hole, i dont understand. Use RTV on the threads instead.

Please use proper grammar.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by famous187 View Post
    Fans work yeah i used the tape the oil pressure sensorr now has a hole on the top third one just bought broke already
    Used the RTV as the other said for the threads. Dont monkey wrench down on the sensor, and used an open end wrench when you install the new one. Also dont use heavier weight oil. That could be part of the problem with the over heating during the summer going up the mountian. Second is if you have high miles on your car that could be another issue. Many things can happen with a high millage car going up a mountian in hot weather causing it to over heat.