The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4G64 Switch to a 6A13 Japanese motor.

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    ShadowKnight77

4G64 Switch to a 6A13 Japanese motor.

:twisted:

I have a 1996 Galant and i wanted to know if i could swap out my 4G64 motor for a 6A13 twin turbo v6 motor from japan, only reason i ask is i can get the motor cheap.

i dont think the 6a13 will fit a 7g, maybe a 6a12

No that won't fit.
    I have investigated that very thorrow,because i have a 7G and i can get a 6a13 bi turbo almost for free.
    You have to find a 6a12 bi turbo,but that is not easy.
    Sorry.
    Mitsupiet.

6a13 should fit an 8g though, maybe u should get it and then put it on ebay and make lots of money.

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    <span style='color:blue'>I asked Mitsupiet, about the 6a12TT last year. I think you said you could get the engine shipped for about 7g's, (and i dont mean gen). I also think the 7 grand was for the tranny and shipped to US. But how would that fit into the 7G's. I live closer to the east coast now. Is that engine available for the US, i don't really think so. But if this couls come a little cheaper i'd be down, (after saving hella cash)

But those engines are rare, huh? Any info let us know.</span>

SkunK
    ShadowKnight, I am doing that exact swap right now. I just received the engine and tranny. I will keep you posted on the progress, but it's gonna take a while.

cantbeatmy97
    skunk can u keep me informed too im planning on doin a jap swap too.can u jot down the parts needed please im puttin the G up soon for awhile till i get my new motor.i bought a winter beater so i can save up for my baby

cantbeatmy97
    skunk can u keep me informed too im planning on doin a jap swap too.can u jot down the parts needed and where i can locate them it would be appreciated thanx. im puttin the G up soon for awhile till i get my new motor.i bought a winter beater so i can save up for my baby

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    www.flashoptions.com has a 7g vr4 front clip for $2k i believe, go check it ou
    7g for life!