The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Fuel injection system cleaning... when to do one?

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Fuel injection system cleaning... when to do one?

Hey guys.

Some of you may remember me having problems with my fuel injection system, and someone recommended to buy a cleaning kit and give it a good scrub, did that, worked like a charm. I was just wondering how often you guys usually do that? My car seems to be a bit sluggish on acceleration lately, almost feels like its "bogged down"

Should probably get another cleaning kit eh?

PS. its been about 10 months since I last did it.

Experienced TGC Member
    I have always ran Seafoam through my fuel system 1-2 times a year depending how may miles a year I would put on the vehicle. The stuff works pretty good but I know there are many others out there. Also make sure the plugs are good and gapped correctly, and it may be as simple as a clogged up fuel filter.

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

Thanks man. We have a friend that works at a valvoline shop, she gets me the fuel system cleaner kit cheap so ill do that.

So I have a problem...

Hope you guys can help me out.

When idling this morning, my car would fluctuate between 1500 and 300(yes hundred) rpm's. Then it just died... as soon as I put it in drive or reverse its fine. It did this twice today, out of about 8 times I started my car. I hear this could be a cracked intake manifold, 2 of my friend had tis problem.

Well before I jump to conclusions im going to do a well needed tune up...

Here is my list so far:

Fuel system cleaning
    Oil change
    New spark plugs

Anything else I should look at? How much is a new fuel filter and how hard is it to replace?

Thanks guys.

Experienced TGC Member
    have you unplugged your battery or has it died and you got a jump recently? If so it could be the computer learning... Or it could be the problem that i have and never figured out. When the temps drop below 65 outside when the car first starts up the idle fluctuates for like 30 seconds but never shuts off...

Shit... it's really hot here in AZ, so I don't think it's the temp... And no battery activity lately.

Where should I start? A new fuel filter?

maybe vacuum leak. check your air intake and all the connections.

Hey QNZ, that thought came up before, my intake looks fine, however could it be my EGR valve? My Haynes manual mentioned that as a possible source of the problem? And could alos be related to the rhythmics "chirping" noise coming from my engine that I mentioned to you guys a while back...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow19 View Post
    have you unplugged your battery or has it died and you got a jump recently? If so it could be the computer learning... Or it could be the problem that i have and never figured out. When the temps drop below 65 outside when the car first starts up the idle fluctuates for like 30 seconds but never shuts off...
    i had the exact same prob until i put on my short ram intake. after that no rough idle at all.

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HungarianHunter View Post
    My car seems to be a bit sluggish on acceleration lately
    hehehe little 4 cylinder.

Anywho, text me if you need help.