The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Out with the old. In with the new. Gtz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 25

Out with the old. In with the new. Gtz

So as many of you know, the 99 galant is finally gone due to frame damage
    That car was my baby. But I just got a new baby. XD. 2000 gtz with 100k on it. This I suppose will be my project thread. If anyone has ideas or suggestions through them out here and I'll think about it. As of right now it needs a tranny and radiator and is leaking oil, but I think the leaking oil was just because the dope who changed to oil last did not screw on the filter tight enough so hopefully that has stopped. But yea. Here is the to do list.

Oil change duh
    Tranny swap
    New radiator
    Strut bar
    Eibach suspension
    Put injen intake back in
    Remount old muffler/ or get another one very similar to the old one.
    Paint rims black
    Projector halo headlights
    Remount all interior from old 8G
    Redo interior lighting
    Redo underglow
    Retint new tyc headlights
    Redo audio, tweeters, 2 amps, capacitor, 2 12" subs
    Remount rain guards
    Change tints
    F1 Fenders
    Vr4 style grill
    Cyber 2 body kit like old 8G
    Wrap in 3M matte black vinyl
    Different fogs
    Refi monster hood.. Or just get another one...:/ that's gonna kill me

And I that that'll be about it.... For now...
    This is going to be funnnnnnnnnnnn.... Hahahaha...
    Plan is to have all done by September. :)

Update : leak stopped so it was that. Good thing too. Thought it was oilnpan. Dodged a bullet there.
    Last edited by bobmundo123; 02-17-2011 at 02:00 PM

IMMORTALIZED CUSTOMS
    Sid Mundo Production

are you putting a 5 speed transmission in it?

Good luck bobby...

"Triangle Circle Triangle Square"

I thought about the 5 speed swap. I decided it's not really worth it. It's costly, and it is a front wheel drive car. I feel like I wouldn't have as much fun with it as if it were rear wheel. I've been told if a trAnny is locally available it'll only run me bout 3-400 bux. Which isn't too bad. And thanks bronxy... Lol... Names not really bob for the record... ;). Fooled all of you guys. It's actually sid

IMMORTALIZED CUSTOMS
    Sid Mundo Production

Quote Originally Posted by bobmundo123 View Post
    I thought about the 5 speed swap. I decided it's not really worth it. It's costly, and it is a front wheel drive car. I feel like I wouldn't have as much fun with it as if it were rear wheel. I've been told if a trAnny is locally available it'll only run me bout 3-400 bux. Which isn't too bad. And thanks bronxy... Lol... Names not really bob for the record... ;). Fooled all of you guys. It's actually sid
    you sir are mistaken. a v6 galant 5spd is a brutal animal. you must have never seen any members with one. they move...... in a quick hurry

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

you would get more power from the torque and a 5 speed is better on gas then a automatic is too.5 speed is so much more fun then a automatic too.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    5 speed makes the car a new car. on a v6 i could only imagine. you can do the swap relatively cheap with many new parts.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Experienced TGC Member Rach3T8G's Avatar

you sir are mistaken. a v6 galant 5spd is a brutal animal. you must have never seen any members with one. they move...... in a quick hurry
    I definitely agree...I've seen keith's G in action, it moves...
    - Chris -
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT: My DD
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT

hmm definitely something to consider then... Hmmm.. How much the auto - manual swaps usually cost... ? i've heard around 1500 w.o Labor...

IMMORTALIZED CUSTOMS
    Sid Mundo Production

do the swap u would save in the long run besides the auto in our cars dont last saving u dough
    Nobody built like u, u desighn ur self.

5spd swap
    full custom body conversion
    18x9 Works VS
    Big 16g evo3T next project

Yea around that price, 5 speed is so much better on a v6 trust me it's worth it. I rather do the 5 speed than mod the exterior.

hmmm... dillemaaaahhh.. frack.. well when the money comes up.. i will decide then.. but.. the exterior mods will be done.. no matter what.. lol.. this car is gonna be unique.. 1st matte black 8G galant.. (as far as i KNow)

IMMORTALIZED CUSTOMS
    Sid Mundo Production

The manual transmission swap unlocks a great deal of potential. Drive a 3G GT with the manual. I owned both at the same time a few years back, and I will tell you the slushbox auto in the Galant felt like trash compared to the 3G's M/T. That was my decision-maker for going with the manual swap in my Galant.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

nice pickup

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh_617 View Post
    ^^Bump...

can anyone backlink to the tutrorial threads for the conversion.. I just tried searching and chrome is being weird.. What would i need exactly.. the trany, clutch kit.. and what else?cuz if its not that mutch.. i'm about to ask that guy to ship it out..
    Last edited by bobmundo123; 02-17-2011 at 11:06 AM

IMMORTALIZED CUSTOMS
    Sid Mundo Production

Thanks for the Link.. AND YES!! F1S!! how could i FOrget!! Thanlks for the reminder.. editing first post now.. lol

Alsooo.. Does anyone have Picks of Protos Car.. I feel like he went MIA... I've been seaching everywhere because i wanted to look at it for Inspiration. I remember ir being absoutely gorgeous.. and wanted to do something similar to what he did with the rims

Also Realized the SRS light is on... that shouldn't be on.. Airbags were never deployed....

And anyone by me ever do this swap before. If so.. If / When this goes down it would be awesome if you guys could help me out..
    Last edited by bobmundo123; 02-17-2011 at 02:04 PM

IMMORTALIZED CUSTOMS
    Sid Mundo Production

Quote Originally Posted by bobmundo123 View Post
    Thanks for the Link.. AND YES!! F1S!! how could i FOrget!! Thanlks for the reminder.. editing first post now.. lol

Alsooo.. Does anyone have Picks of Protos Car.. I feel like he went MIA... I've been seaching everywhere because i wanted to look at it for Inspiration. I remember ir being absoutely gorgeous.. and wanted to do something similar to what he did with the rims

Also Realized the SRS light is on... that shouldn't be on.. Airbags were never deployed....

And anyone by me ever do this swap before. If so.. If / When this goes down it would be awesome if you guys could help me out..
    I have pics on my computer. His car and censee also inspired me to put a Cyber 1 kit on my G. Its sitting in my living room now just havent gotten around to test fitting it being a single parent and all. He just sold me his wheels by the way for $700. great deal! But whats ur email? Ill send them when i get home. I thought you wanted a cyber 2 kit though instead?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast