The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Popping in front left side!

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Popping in front left side!

Im looking for someone who has had the same problem and managed to fix it, cause Im not looking to replace my whole suspension and drive train.

My problem is when turning the car fully to the right I get a single popping sound which can also be felt thru the car from the right front. It is only a single pop which only occurs going forward. I can make happen again if I back up and then turn fully right again and move forward. Had the tire shop get it up on a hoist and check bushing points (ball joint etc...) on the suspension but they said for 200,000 miles everything seems ok and that none of them seem like they would cause that kind of popping noise.

In addition to that I might mention that on the freeway I get a intermittent vibration that seems to come and go from the right front also. (For that I did get new tires, new rims, balance, alignment, and rotors/break job. And it still shakes on freeway) This shakes depending on which side of the road your on and sometimes what gradual turn your making.

Only things that couldn’t be checked were the strut tower bearing plates and the axel joint.

Any suggestions?

I ment to say the right front side in the post title.

CV joints? Tie rods? Check all those?
    -Andrew

I have that same problem. Already replaced the cv joints and tie rod less than a year ago though. Unless the car becomes immobile from this you shouldn't pull all your hair out just yet. But if it gets worse check all possibilities.
    Last edited by G-spot; 12-24-2010 at 01:36 PM

Might be the CV joints. Replaced the tie rod ends less then a year ago. It did it before and after replacing tie rod ends.

Check the boots to see if they're torn and slinging grease

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 'cause I'm awesome
    -Andrew

The boots are not torn. Is it possiable the CV joint is worn inside? Only ask cause I have never had to replace one of those.

But if it was the CV joint wouldnt it continue to pop, not just once and stop popping?

Mine went away after my 5spd differential blew lol. I hope its not the same problem if your 5spd.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

My car isnt lowered I have 17" rims and an automatic trans.

OK, thought I would follow up on this and report solutions/problem.
    My car still makes a popping noise when turning full to the right. I have not double checked if it does it to the left. But anyways long story short.

I have gone 17" rims with a bigger width then our stock rims. They do clear except for the very large weight that was used on the inside of the rim for balance. So when I turn right every time the weight passes the lower control arm the weight hits the arm.

I found this all out while replacing the tie rod ends, ball joint, and wheel hub.
    Speaking of wheel hub, the spindal nut torque spec's for our cars is 165 lbs. Just thought I would add that since I couldnt find a thread with it in here.