The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How to fill the gap in the front wheel well

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 35

How to fill the gap in the front wheel well

OK need some help. I have 20's on my ride riding 225 35 20. The back is perfect sits just under the wheel well. The front not so great with a big gap.Should I use just coil overs in the front to lower or just get 18's and lower springs?

I'd go with the coilovers, but i say that 18's with lowering springs will look a ton better.

Search around and see what you can dig up.

Welcome, btw.
    -Andrew

-Andrew

check fresh_617 Galant out. He is lowered on Teins with 20's. PM him and he might be able to help you out more. I was going thru the same thing you are now so i just sold my 20's for 19's. Didnt think I would get that much of a drop with the 20's. But if your not looking for drop and only want to cover up the gap then Im thinking teins would be just fine.
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...17302&page=981

G-code, your ride looks good on those 19's
    -Andrew

Do not go 20's with coilovers, your ride will be bumpy and stiff as hell. Here's mine with 20's when I had S-Techs. I currently have Tein coilovers with stock 3G 17's on 215/50's Like on DTP sig and it's still rough.

Tires here are Falken 225/35

Quote Originally Posted by DTP View Post
    G-code, your ride looks good on those 19's
    Thanks man appreciate it

hey man yea my galant is on 20s wit the tein lowering springs its fine the only issue was it rubbed in the back but i jacked the car up took a heat gun and metal pipe put the pipe on the wheel and heated up a spot and lowered the car slightly onto the pipe it bends "rolls" the fender back and if u do it carefully you wont crack your paint at all thats jus me being cheap tho theres plenty of "right" ways to do it that worked for me tho any issues jus hit me up i can help u the best i can

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh_617 View Post
    hey man yea my galant is on 20s wit the tein lowering springs its fine the only issue was it rubbed in the back but i jacked the car up took a heat gun and metal pipe put the pipe on the wheel and heated up a spot and lowered the car slightly onto the pipe it bends "rolls" the fender back and if u do it carefully you wont crack your paint at all thats jus me being cheap tho theres plenty of "right" ways to do it that worked for me tho any issues jus hit me up i can help u the best i can
    Does yours still rub when you hit bumps?

Nope not at all maybe slightly with a fullback seat plus subs in the trunk but besides that not at all
    Also I didn't roll it back as far as it could go so im sure if I did there would b no rub

The only issue I had was the front rubbing on the strut where the base of the coil spring sits, I took a grinder to it sine the tire pretty much marked where, and I cut in about the size of 3 keys on pc keyboard and it's good.

Im i got a 03 on 20s it rubs in the back. when i turn hard or have like 4 people in it. im pretty sure its not the fender i rolled it up a little with a baseball bat... im pretty sure its hitting that metal thing in the back idk what you call it i think its called a knuckle. it gots like a 5mm gap between that and the wheel how would i fix this a 5mm spacer?

I just shave that down a bit. Kinda unsafe huh? Spacers will only cause you to rub on the fender.

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    Do not go 20's with coilovers, your ride will be bumpy and stiff as hell. Here's mine with 20's when I had S-Techs. I currently have Tein coilovers with stock 3G 17's on 215/50's Like on DTP sig and it's still rough.

Tires here are Falken 225/35
    that car looks nice ima have to invest in some lowering springs. my rides not to rough and im on stock suspension right now maybe its just me doesnt bother me to much at all.

The only issue I had was the front rubbing on the strut where the base of the coil spring sits, I took a grinder to it sine the tire pretty much marked where, and I cut in about the size of 3 keys on pc keyboard and it's good.
    Had that same problem i threw some 5mm hub centric spacers on there problem solved i check my lugs every couple of days to make sure there not loosening o and i got like 8+ full turns so im pretty sure its safe. Car doesnt shake at all so im happy

I just shave that down a bit. Kinda unsafe huh? Spacers will only cause you to rub on the fender.
    lol idk about shaving any suspension parts or whatever those things are. ill cut/shave my fenders before i mess something up that i dont know anything about or what it does.
    Last edited by Redhaze; 02-25-2011 at 07:13 PM

When I had my 20's on all 3 of my Galants they didnt rub at all front nor back unless i had a load of ppl in my back seats. I was running 225/35 nitto tires. I didnt have to roll my fenders or anything. I just slapped them up there and off i went. Im confused as to why they would work ride fine on my G but no1 elses. here are some pics

This is my first G

this is the second one

And this is the third one

I didnt have to shave or roll anything

Were u lowered

I shaved the little tray the spring sits on.

this red spot is how much I needed to clear.

G-code you were probably fine cuz you weren't lowered, yet anyway.
    Last edited by oakrdrs187; 02-25-2011 at 07:30 PM

Yea idk maybe its my cars alignment ima go have that done monday it doesnt really rub in the back unless i turn hard i think it might be my subs weighing it down and i got a full tank of gas

Thanks G code for the rims tho im really liking them alot better then my steelies. just working out things so i can try n get 3 maybe 4 people in there with no rub.
    Last edited by Redhaze; 02-25-2011 at 07:34 PM

It looks like your wheels were half inch narrower, cuz your side wall is nice and parallel mine were just grabbing on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast