The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Tactrix Cables

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    Experienced TGC Member

Tactrix Cables

Can someone please explain to me the difference between the different tactrix cables. Im going to do the evo8 ecu swap and want to be able to access and do everything to the ecu im assuming, thats why i went out and bought the netbook that im on now lol.

http://www.tactrix.com/product_info....sk4rm19oi5q6o5

http://www.tactrix.com/product_info.php?products_id=63

http://www.tactrix.com/product_info....products_id=40

Thanks guys im just trying to do some research/reaading up since i cant do much else lol.
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

I have the one for the Evo ecu, I think Cali may still have it, he needed to borrow it for his Starion project.
    Love,
    Matt

you need the 2nd one.
    the first one will only read the ecu but doenst have the re-flash connector to be able to flash it.
    the last one has extra connectors for subarus.
    Last edited by qnz; 01-11-2010 at 10:19 AM

Experienced TGC Member
    What year is your G? If its an 01+ You can reflash your stock Ecu instead of using the Evo Ecu. If its an 00 check out Club3g for the specifics but some of the 2000 Ecus are also able to be flashed depending on the processor on the Ecu (they used two different ones during these years).

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

Experienced TGC Member
    Its an 03, so Ill take it i should get the 2nd cable?
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

Experienced TGC Member
    Pshhh if you have an 03 man, check out the EcuFlash stuff on GT or Club3g. Dont waste your money on an Evo Ecu when you can do all the flash stuff to yours. Second cable is what you will want for sure though

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

Experienced TGC Member
    I thought my ecu couldent be flashed though?

01sedan
    i have a 01 galant with 4g64 sohc and automatic its cali emission car delete pre cat and want to do dohc head can i flash the ecu and delete front o2 sensor and stuff what cable do i need car 6/01 when made.