The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ticking noise??

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    KRONER

ticking noise??

alright...when i throw my car into reverse i get a clicking noise coming from the engine...kinda sounds like dropping a bottle cap. Any one have an idea of what it is and how i can fix it.??

Senior TGC Member
    Wow I think you're the first Galant owner I've met with this problem. It's all over Club 3G though...I'll see if I can find out anything for you.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

KRONER
    ralli...let me know whatever you find out. Its buggin' me out and its startin to happen when i throw it into drive too. Is my tranny goin' you think? (throw it into reverse and... dink, dink, dink...then drive, dink, dink...what the F????)

VINDAGIN
    i am having the same problem i am think tranny but some times it happens and some times it doesn't i dont know.....

I've had and fixed this problem. It really drove me nuts for months. What it was is, I have the maf adapter intake. It was swinging around in reverse tapping the cars chasis. Sounded like grinding or ticking only in reverse. Thats what it was. Now I have it hugged to the fuse box and it has never ticked again. Look for something hitting the car's chasis from the air filter side of the car, so front driver side.
    Come visit the Revolution: http://www.dsmrevolution.net

KRONER
    Shit man, why dont i ever think things are that simple. Thanks for the info, ill check that out tomorrow and post up how things went.

Mike

KRONER
    Turns out my CAI was a little loose and was hitting something in my engine bay, tightened it up...no more tick. Once again I thank TGC.

I remember on my cutlass while I drove by it made this chattering noise, it was annoying and embarrasing as hell. I looked everywhere for loose parts on the engine, or even exhaust (cuz I put it on myself) and it took me weeks to even a month to figure out what the hell was goin on. I was driving out of the school parking lot and my friend asked me about the noise and I said I have no idea where it was coming from, turns out it was one of the screws in all four of my wheel hubs, (someone stole my hubcaps) so I took the hubs off and the noise was gone

[20:33] fenderi: did they screw up your wiper leds yet?
    [20:33] lKoRTy: i dont know man
    [20:33] lKoRTy: i wil see topmorrow
    [20:33] lKoRTy: lol
    [20:33] fenderi: hopefully they did the car a favor and chucked them
    [20:34] lKoRTy: screw you

Re: ticking noise??

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KRONER)</div><div class='quotemain'>alright...when i throw my car into reverse i get a clicking noise coming from the engine...kinda sounds like dropping a bottle cap. Â*Any one have an idea of what it is and how i can fix it.??</div>

I have the same clicking noise, and I don't have any mods in the engine except drop in K&N filter. It happens both when I put it in drive and reverse. I have 44K on my 2000 8G. I'm pretty sure it's a tranny. Any thoughts about what should be done? Should I worry about it?:?