The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Installing rims

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    jwaisman

Installing rims

After I lost a hubcap the other day for the hundredth time, I decided I MUST save up for some rims. The only problem is I just bought 4 new tires and I think the are only 15 in. Do you think I can do a trade or something? Also, if I purchase a wheel package online, where can I have them installed?

option one is to buy a set of 15 inch rims. then put the new tires on the new rims. should cost you about 70 dollars to do so. thats what i did with my 16's

option two is to find a place that buys used wheels and tires and just sell them off. you won't get much but you'll get something.

option three is just have that set of stockers at home in a closet or something and get a new set of wheels. plus sized preferably. then you'll have a set for like winter or something like that.

if you buy a wheel package, install shouldn't cost too much. all you basically do for most wheels is jack up the car, rip off the old wheel and install the new one. you can do this in your driveway with your emergency jack and shouldn't take you more than an hour. just make sure you have the proper lug nuts since certain wheels need special lug nuts. you can have it professionally installed. the cost should be around the price of having your wheels rotated.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

akiraflux
    i got some nice 15s if you want em

although i must warn you. you'll want bigger...

jwaisman
    I definately want to go bigger. At least 17's. Is there instructions anywhere on installing wheels?

Quote Originally Posted by jwaisman
    I definately want to go bigger. At least 17's. Is there instructions anywhere on installing wheels?
    yea if its just a regular wheel, look in your trunk or ur owners manual. its just like installing a spare tire. but instead of the spare you use the new wheel.

jwaisman
    cool, thanks for the info. One more question, if I buy a wheel and tire package, the tires are already on the wheels right?

Quote Originally Posted by jwaisman
    cool, thanks for the info. One more question, if I buy a wheel and tire package, the tires are already on the wheels right?
    in most cases if you buy a package it should be ready to bolt onto your car. it should come balanced, have valve stems everything assembled. you just might have to like check the air pressure before you install.