The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Switching Out Positive Terminal.. Help?

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Switching Out Positive Terminal.. Help?

I was looking at my positive terminal, and the black thing connected to it. I'm switching out terminals, to this:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...i-TSBT-PN.html

And I was wondering what all of the wires connected to the positive terminal are, and where they go. Which wire goes to the alternator?

Lastly, I wanted to know if it would be okay to connect all of the wires to the terminal.
    '03 Sterling Silver GTZ

Attached to that are a few wires. One big black wire that goes straight to the starter. And the other white red stripe wires that are smaller in size one goes to the alternator one to fuse box. And I think there's another in there too, but they all need to be connected.

Those terminals should be plentY for you, because you could always jam 2 smaller wires in the leftover large input.
    Last edited by oakrdrs187; 04-22-2011 at 03:32 PM

Yeah, I think there were four wires connected. I was more concerned with where they lead to.
    '03 Sterling Silver GTZ

well alternator, starter and fuse box for sure. Not sure about the last one, ECU? Perhaps.

Ive never seen those terminals before but they look pretty nice. Let us know how you like them.

You should be fine connecting all the wire to the terminal

what about the fuse on the positive terminal what does he do with that

I would have to look at it to know for sure what you are talking about but if it is just a single fuse you can just splice in an inline fuse. No big deal

its a fuse on the positive terminal i dont know what it goes to though.. i was going to change my terminal but im not sure how to go about with the fuse or how many amps it is if i were to replace it

The fuse i beleive is for the alternator feed. Should be 120amp or 125. Ill check when i get to work tomorrow. Got plenty of crap im gonna have to rip out of the car. Your best bet is just to replace the fuse with a circuit breaker of the same current rating.
    MECP First Class Certi-fried installer.

For the right price, nothing is impossible.

I planned on getting a 150 amp inline fuse when I get my 4 gauge wire, because that's what it's rated at. I assume that wouldn't hurt the alternator?
    '03 Sterling Silver GTZ

Fuse is rated at 120A. The stock fuse won't work, you will need one of those audio ANL fuses.

Fond out what the wires are, Big one straight to starter un-fused. The others are fuse altogether for 120, 2 whites for alternator and 2 whites for the fuse box. I have a similar setup.