The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: HP Gains w/Pistons, Rods and Port and Polished Cylinder Head

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
    ND4SPD2000

HP Gains w/Pistons, Rods and Port and Polished Cylinder Head

Sup people,

I know a few of you here have replaced your Pistons, rods and all that good stuff with aftermarket one like JE Pistons and what not.

Question: How much HP am I looking at with replacing...

Pistons:

Cam Shaft:

Rods:

Port and Polishing the Heads.

If you can please give me a rough estimate on each piece.

Also, right now, I do have an intake as well as an exhaust. I was reading on a website that the way to go with performance mods was in a specific order and that way you will actually see the gains. The list goes as followed:

1- Intake
    2- Exhaust
    3- Fuel Pressure Regulator
    4- Headers
    5- Bigger Throttle Body

Now if I do get the FPR as well as the Headers, will this combo make a difference?

I am planning in the long run to get pistons and cams... Will having all of these performance parts make a big diffrence in performance?

FPR: Where can I get one and roughly how much are we looking at?
    I know RPW makes one. Any comments on that product from RPW?

Header: Now I've heard many people tell me that some headers may not even make a slight diffrence in HP. Will using the FPR along with the headers and the intake and exhaust make a noticable diffrence?

Pistons and Rods: JE makes some but they say it's for 93-98. Anyone know where I can get some? What time of Pistons and Rods do you guys have or recommend and what type of compression are we looking at?

Cams: RPW again makes some. Are they reliable enough? Have any of you had problems with them?

Cylinder Head Port and Polish: Do you buy it as an exchange basis or can I take it to a mechanic or a shop to get it ported and polished?

::: Another performance part which I think will make a diffrence listed below :::

Throttle Body: Is it wise if I do get the FPR and the headers to get a bigger TB? Which one do you recomend and where can I find it?

Now I know that in the long run I do plan on running at least 100 Shot of nitrous. I do feel that with all of the parts listed above, the motor will be able to handle it.

With the intake, exhaust, FPR, and Headers, can the car handle 100 Shot or how much will you recommend with these mods?

Please feel free to give your thoughts and comments. They will be greatly appreciated.

TWISTED II
    the thing with rods, pistons and all that is that its not gonna give you any hp gains. what those are used for is increased strength in your motor. my motor is bored out a lil, and the port and polish could give you some gains...but i don't think anything real noticable until you get into forced induction. the cams should give some gain, however, i'm not sure how much cuz my motor isn't in the car yet. i think there are a few other people on the boards with them. and of course, intake, headers, and exhaust will give you a lil gain....but honestly, i don't think your gonna be seeing anything crazy till you get the forced induction. but once you do, you'll be able to boost the hell out of the motor. which is what i should have done, lol.

what is the forced induction
    you do what you do because it feels good to ya

Quote Originally Posted by hotboy3709
    turbo, supercharger. things like that

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

ok i just never heard it put that way, but what is the best turbo or supercharger and where can i get it

Dang :evil: That car in your Avatar looks familiar :puzzled1: where'd you get it from???

---------------------------------
    Team TGCLV
    myspace.com/xxxJ3ffReYxxx
    TEAM TGCLV
    TEAM DOWNFORCE
    LVEVO.org

Quote Originally Posted by FastNFabolous
    Dang :evil: That car in your Avatar looks familiar :puzzled1: where'd you get it from???

---------------------------------
    Team TGCLV
    hahaha got Caughs.. hah.. nah he got in on cause he like your car.. be nice..

BTW: i saw this on Horse power TV.. they said it does make diff in a long run..

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

Nah its cool!!! I like it... Makes my -G- special :cheeselove:
    I think my old avatar got to go, what do you think Kho? Will you help me out?!?

-------------------------------
    TEAM TGCLV
    TEAM TGCLV
    TEAM DOWNFORCE
    LVEVO.org

i got the picture off http://www.pbase.com/grfxguy/desert_diamonds&page=2
    i thought it was a nice looking car so copied it to my desktop background.
    i just recently put a vis cyber kit on my 8g, right now it's in the being painted. As soon as it's done i'll take that picture and use mine

bacchus

what about 4 my turbo.

I HAVE A 14B TURBO AND WHAT TO PUT IT IN MY I-4 BUT DO NOT KNOW IF I SHOULD CHANGE ANY THING IN MY MOTOR.... WILL LIKE TO RUN 15LBS ON A EVERY DAY DRIVER. AND IDEAS WHAT I NEED.

TWISTED II
    15 lbs is somewhat high for a DD. its do-able though. i wanted mine around that. if you wanna push 15 lbs...your gonna need some internal work though. i would upgrade a lot of stuff. definatly lower compression pistons. but rods, pistons...etc...just make the motor strong, or else you'll pop it like me, lol.

bacchus

how low

ok but i do not know how low to go or what i realy need. or who to even get it from. some one told me that i shoud take it to 7:1 what ever that means

i got the picture off http://www.pbase.com/grfxguy/desert_diamonds&page=2
    i thought it was a nice looking car so copied it to my desktop background.
    i just recently put a vis cyber kit on my 8g, right now it's in the being painted. As soon as it's done i'll take that picture and use mine
    I told you its cool man I tell you what when you get the pictures, send your favorite one to me & i'll use it as my avatar!!! What color is your -G- by the way? keep us posted aight...

----------------------------------
    TEAM TGCLV
    TEAM TGCLV
    TEAM DOWNFORCE
    LVEVO.org

metallic burgandy with a gold pearl, vis cyber 2 body kit, 17" adr ikari white powder caoted rims, 17" khumo supra tires. looking for m3 mirrors and sunroof

TWISTED II

Re: how low

Quote Originally Posted by bacchus
    ok but i do not know how low to go or what i realy need. or who to even get it from. some one told me that i shoud take it to 7:1 what ever that means
    7:1 is pretty low. i'm not sure what stock is. i believe the 6g72's are stock at 8.9:1. mine now is 8.1:1. however, once the machine shop is done screwin with the pistons, i'm sure i'll be somewhere in the 7's. 7:1 is low, your gonna want boost right away cuz your car will be pretty slow without it.

Mank