The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: hmm I4 or v6 ??

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

hmm I4 or v6 ??

which has more after market support as far as engine mods?

Both have a pretty good bit... Search around and you will find several tutorials that will help you...

What are you looking for exactly?
    -Andrew

they both are a pretty good platform to build from and each have options of their own to get into

V6 PITA to work on sometimes... as far as space is concerned. I have two I4's and used to have a V6 3G. I miss the extra power but love the ease of new spark plugs. LOL.

which has a super charger .... doing a full turbo set up is just to frustrating and time intensive..... did one on a stang years ago and was about to the point of driving it off a cliff lol i engoy the plug and play of a stage 0 or 1 SC

I don't think a supercharger could be considered plug 'n play for our platforms as not many exist (members redblower and stayer have SC's, but they're 9G's, custom setups, and on the other side of the world, Australia and Russia respectively), and after the physical install, there's still the matter of tuning. I'd say a supercharger install in our cars would be equally, if not more frustrating than a turbo install, because at least we have multiple members that can show you how to turbo it and make it fast.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

lol as in a week end.... and finding all the parts would be an endevor .... with a SC there is soooo much less pluming to do lol and a bit less wiring .... but at least i ddi find some where to have the ECU remapped lol... so ill start with the basics I/H/E but 4's are just sooooooo slow without FI :-\ .....

You could have just continued this discussion in your last thread. But there is a supercharger option for the V6 from Rippmods.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Quote Originally Posted by M-Rod View Post
    You could have just continued this discussion in your last thread. But there is a supercharger option for the V6 from Rippmods.
    ^^ yes

6g74 supercharged

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    see, so come to CT and grab my car. lol