The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My Galant is falling apart!

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    als01galant

My Galant is falling apart!

:?: What is up with my car :?:
    The brakes suck, I have changed the rear shoes and machined the drums and the rear drums squeal nonstop. The front rotors warped within 6K miles and were machined down, I have replaced them and the second set has been machined down also, I am on my 4th set of front pads! They replaced both front calipers because the were both leaking! All of the struts were replaced at 8K miles, and then they rebuilt that set at 20K miles. I have had bushings replaced on the rear suspension twice.
    I have 45k miles on the car and almost everything that has happened to it is back again and now the transmission is acting up. I have a shudder in the transmissionat highway speeds, when it shifts from 2nd to 3rd gear it revs up and slams into gear and when it downshifts from overdrive into 3rd it revs and takes it good old time in downshifting. When I let off the gas it feels like someone is pushing on the brake, I have taken it in for that and they tell me it's normal. Normal? It never happened until after they changed the tranny fluid at 30K miles, maybe it's normal for them to screw them up.
    And after the 30K mile "service" the top radaitor hose started to leak, which I fixed with new clamps, thought maybe they could have done it.
    I have taken it to two local dealers at 28K miles and at 34K miles and they "could not duplicate" the problem. It got so bad that I only drive it to work, I just turn up the radio and ignore the issues.
    It is driving me nuts! I had my VW GTI for 80k miles, and all I ever did was change the oil and tires. All this because my wife wanted a 4 door car. I liked that way it looked, kinda like a BMW, and after the test drive I bought it.
    I don't think I will ever buy another Mitsubishi! Next time if I want something that looks like a BMW I'll just buy a BMW.

8ggalant
    ....sorry to herr it...u juss got a bad seed...i havent had one of any of those "common" problems..hope yer problems get takin kare of...

ya

the same thing happen to me until i got performance rotors, and matalic brake pads

als01galant
    smokinLV, that is the next step on the brakes, but this time I will do them myself, I want to go with the Brembo's and the Axxis metal pads.
    It is going in next week for the tranny problem and to try to resolve the suspension issues(struts and bushings). Hopefully they fix it and dont tell me that they can't duplicate the problem. I could go on forever on how they treated me and told me that there was nothing wrong and that I was trying to find issues. I went to one dealership and after I was told it was nothing took it straight to another dealer and they replaced a rear bushing. If the value of our cars didn't suck so bad I would trade it in on something else. I'm sorry but I am not happy with Mitsubishi service.

als01galant
    Well, I am dropping it off tomorrow to look at my problems. I need to provide them with all of the service paperwork relating to the work, or lack thereof, that they did on the car. Can't they just look that up, I thought they kept that in a corporate database?

als01galant
    I have had it! What is up with this poor service from Mitsubishi?
    Now they are saying that "Everything checks out." They said that the other day when I was driving and my tranny shited from 2nd to 3rd gear that it was normal for it to rev up from 4000 when it started to shits to 4600 between shifts and slam into 3rd, that it was normal for these transmissions! What kind of BS is that!?!
    I have bought two vehicles from this dealership, 2001 Galant ($19,000) and a 2003 Chevy Silverado 1500HD ($36,000) and they could care less!

When I was picking up the car the told me that the Mitsubishi Field Rep was stopping in next week and that he was going to look over my complaint. Lets see what happens.