The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Radiator brackets

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Radiator brackets

Will these fit and if so where can I get rubber bushings for them , I have two 8gs and I've been wanting to replace these for awhile now, oem are pretty much the same price.

Can you size down your sig please? Thanks, Admin :)

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-how...hahaahahh.html

Check out this tutorial for an evo brackey

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    I didnt see them on STM's site. What car are they for? I know when I had my stock brackets powdercoated, I removed the rubber insulator and bought a new insulator from the dealer, they were about $6 for the pair.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Googles "Mitsubishi radiator bracket" then images...and they're it was, definitely some similarities wouldn't you say stewi? I think they're for 2nd gens

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    yeah I just found them on stm's site under dsm interior/exterior. Looks like they would fit, for $75 they are a little steep for me. You can have your stock ones powder coated any color you want for about $40 and then buy new insulators for a few bucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

TGC Regular
    Ok fellas, I kinda have some good and bad news for you if you thinking about using DSM radiator brackets. I'm not sure if Eclipse brackets mounting holes match up to the 8G's. I bought a set of the Hayame brackets (pic below) for cheap from ebay, and you can also get them from 4caroption.com for $10 each. But the holes are slightly off, which means you have to take it to a machine shop to widened the bracket holes or drill new holes in your car. I had the holes on my brackets widened, but they still don't fit quite right. I can only get 1 mounting bolt in. I think it has to do with the thickness of the billet and also the recessed mounting hole. The ones from STM seem to be thinner, so may sit flush. I suggest that if someone has access to a 2G, test the brackets from that first before spending the $70. Also you can get the bushings for them by going to the dealer and buying a set of 2G bracket for around $15 a set (I think that's what I paid) and pushing out the bushings, just like on the Evo thread. If I can't get my Hayame ones to work, I will probably pick up the STM's, so thanks for showing me these.