The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Fuel door

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Fuel door

yes, I posted about this earlier I know, however my fuel door on my 99 galant es is fucking broke, the bottom hindge is broken (its a piece of plastic.) now it looks all crooked and crap.

well... I've had some suggestions of going to a junk yard and finding one, I work a wierd schedule and don't really have time to search a junk yard, however does anyone know where I can get another fuel door online or another store besides the dealer (they want $36 just for the door without the paint :evil: ) so Id probably be charged about $70 for a piece of plastic that doesnt exceed the diameter of 4 inches. I'm all ears guys.

[20:33] fenderi: did they screw up your wiper leds yet?
    [20:33] lKoRTy: i dont know man
    [20:33] lKoRTy: i wil see topmorrow
    [20:33] lKoRTy: lol
    [20:33] fenderi: hopefully they did the car a favor and chucked them
    [20:34] lKoRTy: screw you

I had the same problem last winter I believe. Thinking it was because off the extreme weather here in town. I dont know about your dealer man, but when I took mine to the dealer & told him what happen, he didnt charge me anything not even a penny.
    Try asking some other people on the service dept, not just one. They all tell you different stuffs always...

-------------------------------
    TEAM TGCLV
    myspace.com/xxxJ3ffReYxxx
    TEAM TGCLV
    TEAM DOWNFORCE
    LVEVO.org

haha, not sam swope mitsubishi, I know how cheap they are (my dad used to work there) I highly doubt that they would do it for free. Plus its a 99, but then again, could it be covered by my warranty? I do have a 5 year 50,000 mile warranty and a 7 year 100,000 mile anti-corrosion/anti-perforation warranty

would a fuel door be covered on any of those warranties? if so that would be great. I only have 50500 miles on the car.

thanks

well... I went ahead and bit the bullet and bought the door today. and they redirected me to their body shop to have it painted and I find out they want $80 to paint that son of a bitch. Are there any alternatives? My car is Sterling Silver. thanks

Titanium2K2
    check this sit out: http://duplicolor.anthonythomas.com/match/...match_maker.cgi

to locate your color code, lift your hood up and the color code should be on your firewall. It should be a letter followed by some numbers (ex: H64) or 2letters followed by 5 numbers according to duplicilor's chart (TP75648)