The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 450cc engine in an 8g.

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
    gost2002es

450cc engine in an 8g.

Today i am at work and i am waiting for a coworker to give her a ride home and out comes my boss. He's looking up and down and over my car and says something very interesting to me.

Jerry: i can drop a dodge 450cc motor in there
    me: are you serious?
    jerry: hell yah i can.
    me: will it fit?
    jerry: i'll make it fit.
    me: is the engine new?
    jerry: i just bored it all out and acid dipped it so it's brand new.
    me: how much will it crank?
    jerry: about 450 horses. i would hafta add a few stuff but thats it.
    me: like what?
    jerry: ill hafta put wheelie bars on the back, cut your hood and put a scopp on it cause the engine will stick up higher. other then that nothing?
    me: how much?
    jerry: ill sell you the engine, install everything and ill do it all for like around $1800.
    me: omg.
    jerry: ill come home tonight and measure my wifes galant and ill tell you more.,

Yah so this was the conversation we had. And i want to do this if he can do everything he says he can do.

escoson
    i say do it if he can do it. ide love to see a galant with a huge motor sticking out the top

gost2002es
    thats the only thing i don't like necessarily. i don't know if a motor sticking out of my hood will look good, i would love to look like a sleeper. :twisted:

leadfoot
    shit for 450 hp for $1800 ill have the damn thing looking like a funny car i dont care it will look sick as hell :twisted: i say go for it the only problem you will have is the rear end and the tranny with that much hp your going to need a serious tranny backing it up and LSD to put it all down to the pavement. also if you are going to do it anyway i dont know if the motors are the same or different but i saw a 780hp chevelle that was supercharged making crazy power and was only pushing 4 to 6 psi off the blower. sometimes i wish i had a early 70's muscle car.

is it just me or do you mean a 450ci engine? the 8g galant v6 is allready almost 3000cc and the i4 is almost 2400cc.; fast motorcycles have more displacement than 450cc... but 450ci (in3) is around 7370cc (7.37L).

Godspell
    450cc=moped

BXNYMitsu01
    Quote Originally Posted by leadfoot
    shit for 450 hp for $1800 ill have the damn thing looking like a funny car i dont care it will look sick as hell :twisted:.

Quote Originally Posted by Godspell
    450cc=moped

gost2002es
    yah im sorry, i thought he said cc. :oops:

00GTZ00
    To fit a 450CI motor in the galant you would also have to convert to RWD because the FWD would not work in the galant W/a 450.

tim888tim
    You would have other problems as well. The galant's front struts and pinions are not designed to hold that much weight. You would need to get them reinforced as well or the front of your car would fold in half. (My boss had this happen to his jag when he put in a larger engine.) It may only be 1800 to get the engine in but when you adjust everything else to compensate for the engine, it will cost much more.

If you do bite the bullet and get it done, I would love to see the finished product.

gost2002es
    That's the thing, my boss said i would have to get a new tranny, new gears in the back, wheelie bars, and he said he would just weld everything together in the back. this is all for 2000 bucks he said. but i gotta wait a lil while for him to find all this shit.

MIKE99
    dodge dosent make a 450 c.i. engine. you would have to make a full tube chassis and use the galant body,make a transmission tunnel, backhalf the car(tubs rear nad suspension.)This alone would cost 5-6 grand, not including a 450 c.i. dodge motor

gost2002es
    well this is what he says, 450ci dodge hemi. and its not like the guy would lie to me hes my boss.

It's easy to put a 450cc engine in a Galant, you have plenty of room hehe:

look like all the space can carry a few more passengers. or pack in like 10 turbos.

MIKE99
    im not sayin it cant be done, but for the money involved you could probly build a vr4 galant. if this guys sellin a hemi for 1800, ill take 2. he might sound serious but it sounds like b.s. to me. i thought about puttin a 500 hp 355 chevy engine from my racecar in one but the money involved is ridiculous

BXNYMitsu01
    Quote Originally Posted by Strahan
    It's easy to put a 450cc engine in a Galant, you have plenty of room hehe:

:mrgreen: :darthgrin: :laughing: