The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: car died at idle

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 37 of 37
    the MAF was plugged in.

still waiting for the mechanic to tell me what's wrong, left it there this morning.

The oil can get on the resistor in the MAF, it has nothing to do if it's plugged in or not.

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    The oil can get on the resistor in the MAF, it has nothing to do if it's plugged in or not.
    Yeah over oiling can build up on the "hot wire" and mess it all up. But I still know it's the iac...

does the K&N oil have some sort of expiration date? I've had it for more than 5 years already. Could it affect the MAF?

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenMBA View Post
    does the K&N oil have some sort of expiration date? I've had it for more than 5 years already. Could it affect the MAF?
    I don't think so, but after the many time you oiled the filter maybe the maf wire now has enough build up to give you problems? Get some crc maf cleaner. spray it on the maf wire and let it sit for a few hours, just to make sure it drys all the way. Don't wanta fry that $400.00 part. I was going to tell you to pull the iac valve and wipe it off with a dry rag and see if that helps. What codes were you getting? (to lazy to look back lol!)

finally got the car back, it was code P0340 and the "fuel controller sensor" was replaced. $400 parts and labor.

If I knew the code, I wouldn't even know which part needed to be replaced. The mechanic took a whole day to figure out what was wrong.

on the way home, the SES light went on again, this time it's P0301, at least this one is easy to fix.

No, po340 is camshaft position sensor.

You got robbed pal!!! That part take 5min to change and cost only $35.00 on parts geeks web sight. Just saying...
    Last edited by Hevymetalg; 08-10-2011 at 10:15 PM

"Fuel controller sensor?????" WTF Is that?!

that's what he called it. i looked up the part he replaced, it was the camshaft position sensor. I guess that's a very expensive diagnosis...

that's what he called it. i looked up the part he replaced, it was the camshaft position sensor. I guess that's a very expensive diagnosis...
    I would be calling somebody and kicking some ass! That's some bs man!

Even if he used an OEM Mitsu Camshaft position sensor the price shouldn't have exceeded $200 parts labor. Rock Auto has it for less than $40 for your 2001 2.4L.

He raped without lube. Unless....was it the only thing you got done, he didn't do belts or oil change, spark plugs anything like that?

was charged $400 for only that. he had the car for 2 days. would a P0340 code automatically be a faulty camshaft position sensor? or could there be any other reasons?

On my way back home, the SES light came on again, he read the code for me, that's how i knew the P0301 code. The next morning the car was misfiring very bad, brought it back to him. he didn't charge me anymore. but he said he didn't replace any parts, he had the car for a day.

so far the car is ok, was able to drive 20 miles to work.

was charged $400 for only that. he had the car for 2 days. would a P0340 code automatically be a faulty camshaft position sensor? or could there be any other reasons?

On my way back home, the SES light came on again, he read the code for me, that's how i knew the P0301 code. The next morning the car was misfiring very bad, brought it back to him. he didn't charge me anymore. but he said he didn't replace any parts, he had the car for a day.

so far the car is ok, was able to drive 20 miles to work.
    He didn't charge you, didn't replace any parts and kept the car for a day, so what did he do? Run seafoam and unplug the battery until you got back and hopefully it's fixed?

#1 He charged you too much.
    #2 Why go back to this 'mechanic' who doesn't have a clue what he's doing?
    #3 You should have invested in a $50 scan tool, pulled codes yourself.

Before forking out $400 bucks for a sensor swap and 2 day storage. You should have done research on possible fixes and went from there.

Next time go to advance auto or autozone and get the codes read for free! I would trust the monkeys over there before I'd EVER take my car back to your mechanic! Oh well, we live and learn.... Or in your case pay! Lol!! Jokin man chill, but for real my were here to help you figure out stuff like this. Peace!

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hevymetalg View Post
    Remove the ica first! I just went thru this and I sprayed the carb cleaner right in the throttle body and it fried the ica. Car would not idle! Part cost=$400.00
    i sell em for 275

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Check the fues thingy on the pos cable to the battery. I did the same before and the idle was low about 400-500 and died.. I checked the battery and nothing.. but when I was installing the battery back there is this one fues thing on the cable that I have noticed that its not connected.. went to autozone.. they dont sell it.. went to sealership and got it for $45 installed it and yeah it worked. no idle dead...

if not.. I dont know. .....

Good Luck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12