The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Air Intake Adapter Kit

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    GalantSeoulja

Air Intake Adapter Kit

Hey I was thinking about getting an air intake adapter kit for my 95 galant S and wanted to know if I should get it or if it's a waste of money. they have the kits on ebay for like $30. IT's only the cone filter and the adapter thing for the MAS sensor. Another thing, if i do decide to get this will i have any prob wit the ecu and stuff 'cause i heard galants are really sensitive when puttin in intake kits. Tell me what ya'll think. thanx.

i got that kit for my 8g, runs great, no problems, i dont know if the sensitivity you are talking about is true on the 8g cars as well, but i do know that my adapter kit runs well with no problems!
    -Travis

My Car

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    i don't think you'll have prob. Just make sure to reset you ecu by disconnecting the battery for 15-20 minutes after the intall.
    -Pedro

yeah 99% of us have intakes and we have no problems

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kalamidad)</div><div class='quotemain'>i don't think you'll have prob. Â*Just make sure to reset you ecu by disconnecting the battery for 15-20 minutes after the intall.</div>

Hey i never disconnected my battery when i installed my intake....think i should do it...doesnt it make any difference???
    Im Broke! Send Donations to "Brandon's Future Mods Fund"

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BLsGalant97)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kalamidad)</div><div class='quotemain'>i don't think you'll have prob. Â*Just make sure to reset you ecu by disconnecting the battery for 15-20 minutes after the intall.</div>

Hey i never disconnected my battery when i installed my intake....think i should do it...doesnt it make any difference???</div>

No. your ECU will learn the new ratio, just takes a few days. You may get some rough idle and bad accelaration at times but your car will work it out. If you do reset the ECU, will will get the same effect as your car now has to learn from scratch. There really is no benefit.
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

TGC Regular
    Well Thank you Wes! :thumbsup:
    Im Broke! Send Donations to "Brandon's Future Mods Fund"

jayhood26
    none of you think that having ur intake right next to the hotest part of the car is a problem. Remember cold air not hot air makes the car run better. That kits sits the air intake next to the head which makes the most heat, personally i think it is a waste of money and would rather do a drop in K&N filter then heating up my engine that is just me though

jayhood26
    none of you think that having ur intake right next to the hotest part of the car is a problem. Remember cold air not hot air makes the car run better. That kits sits the air intake next to the head which makes the most heat, personally i think it is a waste of money and would rather do a drop in K&N filter then heating up my engine that is just me though

jayhood26